Foster parents to be!

Hi, My husband and I are almost through the requirements to be foster parents. This weekend I ran into someone who has been a foster parent for 2 years. When I told her that we were about to do it, she started saying how hard it is and was very negative and not encouraging. I was so depressed after speaking with her. Please pray that we keep our faith and if this is what God wants for us, we are strong enough to continue and not get discouraged. I think this is God’s will for us but sometimes it is hard to know .

I adopted my wife’s girls when they were ages 11 and 13 and the beginning years were tough. It was well worth it. They are grown up now and we all feel as close to each other as blood relatives. They are life itself. Don’t let anyone discourage you. Lots of love and prayer as a family will get you all through. I will pray for you.

James

My husband and I were foster parents many years ago.

What a wonderful opportunity to be a blessing to a child, and to serve God in such a unique and special way.

May you have strength and wisdom and joy!

Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

I am praying with everyone else, and offering encouragement. My parents were foster parents when I was growing up, and I htought it was the greatest gift they could give, to me and to them. We had a big family to sart with, but that meant that we had more love to share. We were able to bring children with out all that love in to our home and love them up until it was time to move on.

They had some extenuating circumstances and we moved out of county as a family and did not continue, but now that my mom has an empty nest, she is at it again. There are situations that are painful, but every child is better off for having been in her home. It is a wonderful gift, not an easy one, but so worthy of your heart.

I have many frineds who are also offering foster care, long term and short term. I see the love and mission in each friend’s heart and care.

You will need to be tough at times, but it is a very fulfilling calling, we will be praying!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

I will pray for you and your husband at Mass today, and ask the Lord that you will be matched with children whom you and your husband are most attuned to helping and loving, for the children’s sake and yours.
May God truly bless you and any child who comes into your home and care. May His light and love always surround you in easy and in difficult times.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you everyone!!! I feel much better today. I really appreciate all the prayers!!!

Lord, may Your will be done in this family. Please send them children who can most benefit through their love and example. Please give them the courage, grace, and joy they will need. Surround them with Your light and love always.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, cast into hell satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.