Foundation of faith

Hello,

I do not know if this is the right place, but I wanted to talk about this. And I want to be open.

I came to christianity do not ask me how. I guess cause my parents are/have been we never go to church a lot. My mom reads in church every once in a while. However I seem to have gotten myself into the catholic faith.

I’ve been going to a group but stopped with that Ever since january. I reckon I am still welcome if I mail, but I havn’t been doing well and I feel alienated from the world and like to be on my own.

I do have a disorder and I have met people with my disorder trough the internet, and many have joined religious groups. Also I read at the description of my disorder this is a fair thing. One source says for example:

High Openness
Preoccupation with fantasy and daydreaming; lack of practicality; eccentric thinking (e.g., belief in ghosts, reincarnation, UFOs); diffuse identity and changing goals: for example, joining religious cult; susceptibility to nightmares and states of altered consciousness; social rebelliousness and nonconformity that can interfere with social or vocational advancement.

I was wondering what do you guys think of that? People joining your group more out of motivation for this. I was wondering why my faith never worked out rightly. And I wondered why my faith is shaken so easy. Luckily many have helped me in my last topic, thanks for that yet I feel to ashamed to bump it.

I wonder now though how to go about it all. And whats more lately cause of my disorder I get nothing done not even reading or anything at all. I am not depressed but suffer from a heavy anhedonia. In which all seems pointless and nothing works. Praying also gets washed away thanks to this state.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you strength & fortitude & to find the help you need.

I was brought up in the Catholic faith also and it was all beautiful stories to me. I went off on tangents, interested in different religions not knowing why I was Catholic. I married a non-catholic who wasn’t very religious at all and I tried to get him interested in something, but no luck. Then I read two books. One was innocent enough, Fatima in Lucy’s own words. Here I learned that CHILDREN saw the blessed mother and because of their actions and the actions of people who tried to stop them from talking that the visions were REAL. Mary is Real, Jesus is Real, God is REAL. The other was Mother Angelica Answers not Promises. She told me bluntly that I was on the wrong track. Still I wasn’t sure what to do but I knew I had to do something. It took a few years of prayer and hard work but I have come to believe the Catholic Church is the one for me.

Good luck on your search.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.