Four police ambushed

thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/973582.html
the article states"that he had a "lengthy prison sentence commuted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee " Sort of reminds of a case here in Australia Where in the late 60's a man murdered a woman and was given the death sentence. Which was later over turned by some politicians And he was given a lengthy jail sentence. When he was paroled he again abducted a woman and murdered her. Which he was sentenced to only 15 yrs gaol. And earlier this year. After he was released he murdered another woman. When will people stop listening to the left wing nut jobs and realize that some people cannot be re abilitated.

[quote="latin_rite, post:1, topic:177960"]
thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/973582.html
the article states"that he had a "lengthy prison sentence commuted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee " Sort of reminds of a case here in Australia Where in the late 60's a man murdered a woman and was given the death sentence. Which was later over turned by some politicians And he was given a lengthy jail sentence. When he was paroled he again abducted a woman and murdered her. Which he was sentenced to only 15 yrs gaol. And earlier this year. After he was released he murdered another woman. When will people stop listening to the left wing nut jobs and realize that some people cannot be re abilitated.

[/quote]

For some institutions, it can take centuries before the light goes on. Even then..

"In 1989, Clemmons, then 17, was convicted in Little Rock for aggravated robbery. He was paroled in 2000 after Huckabee commuted Clemmons' 95-year prison sentence" "Clemmons later violated his parole, was returned to prison and released in 2004."

Can't really blame Huckabee. 17 year old kid, first major offence (as far as I can tell) had served 10 years of a virtual life sentence.

However, somewhere along the line of charges after that (especially the outstanding charges) should have kept him in.

they say he is not a suspect, but a person of interest. however, i wonder how they got his description or name to be a person of interest.

this is very tragic and i am sure a loss to the community where these officers served.
the latest news report i heard, they had not found this man they were looking for. i hope they find out who did it.

my prayers are with the families of the slain officers and the department in which they served as police officers.

Clemmons was required to wear an ankle bracelet containing a GPS device as part of the requirements of bonding out of jail. Officers found the device at a location they searched Sunday.

thenewstribune.com/298/story/973573.html?storylink=omni_popular

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.