Four Ways the Bible Supports Infant Baptism (Apologetics video)

My latest apologetics video is called Four Ways the Bible Supports Infant Baptism. Here is the link:

Four Ways the Bible Supports Infant Baptism
youtube.com/watch?v=sXQrozBiPSU&list=PLNA1NGi7SpXNfvtrppljEXRqo5hvYYfA9&index=7

God bless, and please let me know what you think.

Very good! :thumbsup:
I’m bookmarking it!

Very well spoken video! :thumbsup:

You could add a fifth evidence being John the Baptist. Consider Luke 1:15:

15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb.

I don’t see how you would apply that toward Infant Baptism. In fact, the adversary might turn it against you in proving the opposite.

I’m not sure I follow. Could you clarify?

Excellent video!!! I am totally sharing this on FB tonight!

The problem is that the opponent of infant baptism (Baptists, fundamentalists, and Evangelicals) will say that John the Baptist had no need for Baptism, since he was Sanctified by Jesus directly (as they deny Baptismal Regeneration.)

You might argue that he was sanctified as an infant of course, but they will show that it did not require any baptism.

Hmm. I see. You’re right of course. It’s too bad they don’t recognize that it’s a matter of semantics. “Baptism,” meaning immersion, is a symbol of death, harking back to the Flood, is an immersion into the death of Christ so as to be reborn in Him. The formula used in Baptism to validate it is just the ordinary form(ula). We are all baptized by Jesus, of course, but through intermediaries: His faithful. This is likewise the case of John, who received his baptism at the sound of Mary’s greeting.

But I’m preaching to the choir here.

Yes.

Opponents of infant Baptism are also opponents of Baptismal Regeneration. So the mainline Protestant Churches all support Infant Baptism.

That is why dmar198’s video is so good. It proves the necessity of Baptismal Regeneration extends even to infants in Scripture. :thumbsup:

Therefore proving the necessity of Baptismal Regeneration removes the obstacle to infant Baptism. :wink:

FYI readers, I just made another one. Here is the link:

Four Ways the Bible Supports Praying to Saints and Angels
youtube.com/watch?v=3rNatY5BazY&list=PLNA1NGi7SpXNfvtrppljEXRqo5hvYYfA9&index=8

God bless, and please let me know what you think.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.