"Four Witnesses" by Bennett or "The Fathers of the Church" by Aquilina?

Which one is better, “Four Witnesses” by Bennett or “The Fathers of the Church” by Aquilina? I have a long reading list and would like to spend as little as possible at the moment, so only one Church Fathers book for me. Thanks for any help.

I enjoyed The Four Witnesses.

I haven’t read either of these books, but I am thoroughly enjoying Jimmy Akin’s The Fathers Know Best and recommend it.

Four Witnesses was for me a better read. It weaves in many selections from the Apostolic Fathers, and it still stands on my bookshelf.

One note is that FW covers only Fathers from the first two centuries of the Church, whereas Aquilina covers at least to the 8th century.

My personal preference would be Four Witness of the two you selected. If you are interested, you might also consider The Early Church by Henry Chadwick and The Spirit of Early Christian Thought: Seeking the Face of God by Robert Louis Wilken.

Peace,

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.