Fourth of July by the numbers

Economic woes don't stop America's patriotic spirit. This year citizens will celebrate the Fourth of July in numbers as big as ever. In fact, they could spend upward of $3 billion on holiday weekend parties, food, entertainment and travel.

msnbc.msn.com/id/38004858/ns/business-forbescom?GT1=43001

This sounds good for our economy here in the United States of America. :) Of course, I don't know much about economics but the $3 billion number sounds like a lot to me in this context. I hope that it will be a boom to at least a couple of place's economies.

[quote="Holly3278, post:1, topic:204263"]
msnbc.msn.com/id/38004858/ns/business-forbescom?GT1=43001

This sounds good for our economy here in the United States of America. :) Of course, I don't know much about economics but the $3 billion number sounds like a lot to me in this context. I hope that it will be a boom to at least a couple of place's economies.

[/quote]

300 million Americans x $10 per person [a couple of hot dogs, a sparkler, and a beer] = $3 billion.

Not a big deal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.