Fox targeted by FEC Dems in first-ever vote to punish debate sponsorship

Finally making good on long-harbored anger at conservative media, Democrats on the Federal Election Commission voted in secret to punish Fox News’ sponsorship of a Republican presidential debate, using an obscure law to charge the network with helping those on stage.

It is the first time in history that members of the FEC voted to punish a media outlet’s debate sponsorship, and it follows several years of Democratic threats against conservative media and websites like the Drudge Report.

The punishment, however, was blocked by all three Republicans on the commission, resulting in a 3-3 tie vote and no action.

More:
washingtonexaminer.com/fec-dems-vote-to-punish-fox-news-in-major-move-to-muzzle-conservative-media/article/2595240

Sounds like they responded to a complaint filed by a Republican. Go figure.

The left is inherently totalitarian, and doesn’t brook dissent lightly.

You appear to be big on broad generalization.

Is that broad generalization directed at me?

We can discuss it more if you wish. If simply insulting me was the purpose, then there’s really nothing to discuss.

Lol. After insulting the entire left. Now you are upset somebody insults you?:shrug:

They would give ABC a pass for sponsoring a Democratic debate.

Somebody posted below your post, but you can not go pointing the finger and not expect to get pointed back. If you point or blame someone, someone will come right back and do the same with you.

You can not get offended or insulted if that happens, is that simple.

Republicans did complain the whole time during the Republican primary debate, remember?

It’s not like Fox has the utmost respect towards hillary. Why do the democrats have to support Fox?

I’m not sure why you think that this is insulting. When you categorize all liberals with thinking a certain way, it is definitely painting with a broad brush

Um, technically, no, since the other poster was referring specifically to you and specifically a tendency of yours (true or not – not my call) to generalize the left. :shrug:

Two questions:
[LIST=1]
*]What statute did some people on the FEC threaten Fox News with?
*]If this was a secret vote, how do we know about it?
[/LIST]

Democrats are only “left-wing” by American standards, though.

The interesting thing is that only in America would republicans be considered right wing. While they claim to be a party of small government, their behavior is the exact opposite.

While that may or may not be true (I am not sure how we would establish that one way or another), the problem with the republican party is that they really don’t stand for anything. Are they free trade? They claim to be, but then they nominate an anti-trade nominee. Are they for smaller government? They claim to be, but then they support big government programs. At least you know what democrats stand for, I don’t like what they stand for but at least they are consistent. The problem is, republicans cannot really be trusted because their behavior is often the opposite of what they preach.

Because if you look at governing habits you will conclude this is a one party two faced system. You only vote for who you want to get the kickbacks and payoffs. ,

Has anyone read the book “The Silencing, How the Left is Killing Free Speech” by Kirsten Powers?

Oh, but you know, there is a difference between criticizing an ideology and insulting an individual. In any event, I’m not upset. Just making an observation.

Refer to my previous post. I’m not upset or offended. Just pointing out that critiquing an ideology is a different thing from condemning an individual about which one knows nothing. I’m actually glad the insult came. Tends to prove my point.

I don’t really see how that is an insult towards you. It seems more like a statement of fact. There’s nothing inherently wrong with broad generalizations.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.