Fr. Benedict Groeschel dies; RIP

Fr Benedict Groeschel has passed away, October 3rd.

ncregister.com/daily-news/father-benedict-groeschel-1933-2014/

Oh, I’m stunned, I once heard him speak in person.

It’s unfortunate that one 5 minute interview seems to be what some remember about him for all the good work he did and goodwill he had.

I will remember him in my prayers.

RIP Fr. Benedict. His book, “A Still, Small Voice” was a great benefit to me at a crucial point in my life. I loved his TV program on EWTN. I was shocked and upset that they pulled the plug on him without giving him a chance to say anything in his defence. But, he was right, no matter who didn’t like to hear it, just the same. God grant him peace and eternal happiness.

October 4th, Solemnity of St. Francis

Sometimes it is interesting to see when people depart this world, I guess one can say Fr. Groeschel passed on on the eve of the Solemnity of St. Francis. I’m not saying there is something there, perhaps sometimes it does have significance.

I loved Fr Groeschel.

May Jesus bring him to his heavenly home.

Jim

Prayers are with him. I liked his EWTN program also.

:signofcross:

I could cry. I first met him in the eighties when he was still a Capuchin. He had the most beautiful blue eyes.

Rest in peace, Fr. Benedict.

Suscipe (St. Ignatius of Loyola)

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace.
That is enough for me.

Peace

Yes. I was given that very book after my first husband’s suicide.
Fr. G helped so many, and instructed countless in the truths of our faith.
Our loss, but he has surely earned his heavenly reward.
May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the MERCY of God,
Rest in peace.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let the perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace. Amen.

Someone just the other day was asking fot prayer because he had fallen and reinjured his arm, but I didn’t think it was serious.

I enjoyed watching his show. He seemed so kind and patient and wise.

I did read a couple of his books and they gave me comfort.

May he rest in peace.

God rest his soul. So grateful for his ministry.

Thank you Father for leaving the world a better place. Rest in peace.

Praying for the repose of the soul of this good & faithful Servant of God.

So sad for us. He will be missed by so many. Prayers for him.

I don’t know why this news just…hit me so hard. Upthread, “stunned” is the perfect word.

I used to have some of his tapes. I’ll tell ya, he had a gift to be both down to earth and eloquent.

Me too.
Mary. May the angels of paradise welcome him Home…
Mary.

Wow… I’m stunned, even though I had heard he wasn’t in the best of healths. Anyway, I’ll definitely be praying for the repose of his soul.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.