Fr Corapi on vasectomy reversal

My husband and I are on a post vasectomy journey and while I would have the reversal done today he (my husband) is hesitant.

today on Immaculate Heart Radio Father Corapi was talking about just this and it was SOOOO profound for me. I missed the end part though... Can anyone help me out with the end?

Father spoke of confession - check, check
He spoke of vasectomy reversal not being necessary - check
He spoke about the continued suffering from the wound of sin even though there is forgiveness - check
Father spoke about trusting in God, the past is the past, sin is WIPED-OUT, forgiven and forgotten, future sex is not a lie because of the sin being wiped out - check

was there anything else he said that I missed??

thanks in advance 03/31/11

Thanks in advance :)

lol, isn’t Fr. Corapi on leave :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t they just replay his shows, though? Isn’t this most likely a past show that the OP heard?

They are airing prerecorded shows on Catholic radio stations thank goodness because I really missed watching him on EWTN this Lent. Our local station, St. Gabriel radio has their shows archived so you can go to their website and listen to a show that was previously aired. Might check to see if your station has archived shows and listen again.

I understand your situation. During my last preganancy, my husband, who was not Catholic, insisted on getting a vasectomy. I preferred he didn't have one at all or at least wait until after the baby was born. He scheduled an appt with a urologist. The Dr. consulted with us. I told him I did not want my husband to have the vasectomy so he scheduled him for the next week. (I never understood why he even bothered to ask me) My husband had it done and immediately regretted it. With the economy the way it is we are living on a fraction of what we used to. There is no way we could afford a reversal.

[quote="JPUSC, post:2, topic:234519"]
lol, isn't Fr. Corapi on leave :p

[/quote]

I don't find that a funny topic:(

[quote="Keran, post:4, topic:234519"]
My husband had it done and immediately regretted it. With the economy the way it is we are living on a fraction of what we used to. There is no way we could afford a reversal.

[/quote]

Hi – I’ve lurked on Catholic Answers forum a lot, but never posted until now. I saw your note that you could not afford a vasectomy reversal, and wanted to recommend that you check out Dr. David S. Wilson of Muskogee, OK. He specializes in this procedure, and charges a flat $1,700.00. If you search online, you can find his site very easily, and he explains all aspects of the procedure in great detail. (I had it done myself, not that long ago.) Maybe this will be an option for you, as his service is very good and affordable.

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread nzavala, but I would really like to know what you have found as far as the church's stance on the vasectomy etc. My husband got one against my wishes (non-practicing Catholic) and I don't know where I stand with it? Am I sinning? I was very open with my objections and actually went to the procedure myself to hope he would not go through with it. At this point I have left it in God's hands and asked him that if he intends for us to have more children, that he make it happen and its just one of those stories you hear where the vasectomy failed. That probably sounds corny to some, but what else am I supposed to do??

What have you found and do you have any guidance? I don't mean to hijack this, I just thought maybe you could expand on the parts that you did hear on the radio??

Thanks!

I heard a very holy priest say, I can't remember who off the top of my head, that if you are reasonably able to have a reversal that one would be bound to do so. At the same time he realizes this is not always the case being in our contraceptive society, a vasectomy is covered by insurance while a reversal is not, not to mention the latter is more expensive even without the insurance factor.

In cases like this where the couple cannot reasonably attain a reversal, they can still have relations because they have rejected their previous sins and are still open to life if by some fluke something didn't work in the original procedure.

----> ILOVEROSES

My recent prayer is and will continue to be "Lord, if it is your will for us to have more children, please place in my husbands heart the desire to have more children."

If God wills the desire then my husband and I will be more able to discuss our options. If things remain as they are now I too am always hoping that we have a miracle baby(s). We actually never tested to see if my husband was sterile because we believed the process immoral (go figure).

What I've learned is that is amazing how Satan works. In hindsight it is clear that in our weakest moment, a seemingly hopeless time (newborn frenzy) we were duped into believing we were doing the right thing for each other and for our family. We understand now that of course we have taken away our greatest gift to each other, the greatest gift we can give our kids (JPII).

Father Corapi spoke of the completeness of the Sacrament of Confession. Although I've (we've) confessed our sin, it is still very present for me and I find myself thinking about it on a daily basis. Corapi says a confessed sin is gone forever, it no longer exists. But, sin leaves a stain and it takes time for the stain to loosen especially when it is within a marriage. It effects both husband, wife and children. You can only pray for the future that God's will be done, God's graces heal you.

Hope this helps :)

My husband was also never tested to see if it was effective but in my heart I know it worked. I'm too aware of my cycles and can usually tell when I'm ovulating and which side so there have been way too many times that I could easily have gotten pregnant and I did not. Although I wasn't able to always stay pg, it was easy for me to get pg so I have to assume it was an effective procedure.

I don't know how my husband feels about it, we don't talk about it. I did make a sarcastic comment recently when he was saying something like how could a spouse do that to the other spouse (can't remember the topic) and I was sarcastic and said "you mean like how on earth could one spouse go and have a procedure rendering himself sterile completely against the wishes of the other spouse especially when she begged him not to?" and he just looked at me and we shared an awkward smile. I was obviously making a statement to him in humor, but I bet he took notice and thought about what I said since its been a few years now.

I'm nearly past the age of having children so I have just figured its too late to even do anything, but for some reason it is bothering me lately. I don't miss those days of sleeplessness etc. but I keep seeing babies and wishing I could hold them :(

I have added you to my prayers nzavala!

[quote="ILoveRoses, post:10, topic:234519"]

I'm nearly past the age of having children so I have just figured its too late to even do anything, but for some reason it is bothering me lately.** I don't miss those days of sleeplessness etc. but I keep seeing babies and wishing I could hold them :(
I have added you to my prayers nzavala!

[/quote]

Be patient and we will be grandmothers some day! Not too soon, but some day!

:)

from someone who would have had at least 6 if I'd had the choice...but then I'd have been a divorced mom, most likely...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.