Fr. Corapi placed on Administrative Leave Following Accusations

Please let us keep Fr. Corapi in our prayers!

patheos.com/community/deaconsbench/2011/03/19/fr-corapi-placed-on-administrative-leave/#

fathercorapi.com/default.aspx

I know a good priest who after suffering false abuse, was cleared, but it was a terrible period. I will certainly be praying for the poor priest, and for the woman.

A former bishop of my parish was also falsely accused. :frowning:

He is still preaching the gospel as of today 3-20-11 on his website with his titles he does every week called “Our Sunday Homily”. What does it mean to be placed on Administrative Leave because he is still preaching the gospel even after this accusation?:confused:

Someone said he was pulled from EWTN network and all Catholic radio stations because he “might” be guilty…even though he’s not.

Terrible news… Check out his website. He has a new look–weird. Guilty until proven innocent. I wish we had all the details. I bet some women got rejected by him and made this up to get back at him. Or at least I hope these accusations are false. We definitively need to keep him in our prayers. No doubt the devil is attacking him one way or another.

Praying earnestly for Fr. Corapi and entrusting him to Our Lady and her protective care.

We take refuge under thy protection, holy Mother of God; do not despise our prayers for Fr. Corapi in time of necessity, but always free him from all dangers, o blessed and glorious Virgin. Amen.

I hope so badly that these accusations aren’t true. I just found out about Father Euteneuer, of HLI, and was absolutely crushed. This would be too much!

if Fr Corapi wanted to participate in drug use and multiple sexual exploits, he would just tell the world see you later im off to participate in drug use and multiple sexual exploits…

the enemy will have to come up with something much better…

St. Gerard Majella pray for him…

With all of these attacks, scandals, accusations, etc…it is easy to become discouraged. But, our family has decided that now is a time for us to become more focused on the core truths of our faith, focusing on the sacraments, and leaning more heavily on the Rosary, to see us through these troubling times, where chaotic whirlwinds constantly swirl around the periphery of the Roman Catholic Church… We have decided to put the blinders on, so to speak, in order to focus more intently on Christ.

We found something from The Letter of Jude, in the “Exhortations” section which helped inspire us: “Keep yourselves in the love of God and wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. On those who waver, have mercy; save others by snatching them out of the fire; on others have mercy with fear, abhorring even the outer garment stained by the flesh”.

May God bless Father Corapi!!

What a shame. I saw him speak once…He is very impressive. Hopefully good things come from this… How far do they go with ‘sins’ which can stop priests from being priests…The devil surelly will use this stuff to the advantage of evil, wehter the priests are guilty or innocent…Are they to be 'sin-free" to be able to work? If so we will have none…and there are already too few…Hopefully he knows the importance of how good a speaker he has been and has gaurde himself welll…for if guilty it would also do some heaavy damage i think…Hopefully he is innocent…God help him and the others involved and us too.

Does anyone know exactly what it means for him to be put on administrative leave? What is he allowed/not allowed to do?

I flat-out don’t believe the allegations…and I am not one to ordinarily make hasty judgements in matters such as these. I’ve been around too many guilty people. But the Truth, in this instance, will set him free. I will pray for him and this woman who is accusing him.

Does anyone know any details of the accusations? What I would like to know is if the “other adult women” that the accuser spoke about, have they come forward as well? Or is it just this one bitter person? I hate this guilty until proven innocent ****, pardon my language but that’s what it is. He’s in our prayers. This is just awful.

It is no coincidence that the allegations came out on Ash Wednesday. This is Fr. Corapi’s cross to take up and bear during Lent and likely beyond.

I don’t believe the allegations for a minute.

Psalm 91

Security of the One Who Trusts in the LORD.

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
     Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 
2 I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
     My God, in whom I trust!" 
3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
     And from the deadly pestilence. 
4 He will cover you with His pinions,
     And under His wings you may seek refuge;
     His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. 
5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night,
     Or of the arrow that flies by day; 
6 Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
     Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon. 
7 A thousand may fall at your side
     And ten thousand at your right hand,
     But it shall not approach you. 
8 You will only look on with your eyes
     And see the recompense of the wicked. 
9 For you have made the LORD, my refuge,
     Even the Most High, your dwelling place. 

10 No evil will befall you,
Nor will any plague come near your tent.
11 For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
12 They will bear you up in their hands,
That you do not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you will trample down.
14 "Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
15 "He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16 “With a long life I will satisfy him
And let him see My salvation.”

It is standard procedure talked about on news broadcasts, that when a police officer is accused of abusing a person under his arrest, they are put on paid “adm. leave” until the charges can be investigated. The procedure does not discriminate, nor does it make a statement of guilt or non-guilt. It merely allows authorities time to determine the facts in the matter.

It may be a cause of undue alarm to believe anything beyond this basic preliminary precaution taken by Father’s superiors. Let’s just pray that true justice is attained and that the truth will prevail.

First of all, we don’t even have all the facts of these allegations. If this were a former employee, I take it she was over 18 yrs of age. I wouldn’t think it would be a child. Therefore, being place on administrative leave is a bit of a stretch to me…unless of course it was a rape or molestation charge.

Not only do I not believe this woman for one second, but I do think the hierarchy is taking these allegations to extremes with priests in general. They seem to be going from one end of the spectrum to the other! They went for too many years protecting them, and now they are lynching them on allegations alone!! This is maddening!!

Fr. Corapi is not charged with child abuse. The charges are he committed a sin. If all the religious are put on Administrative Leave after committing a sin it’s going to be a sad world.

I don’t believe Fr. Corapi is guilty. If he were, I think he would admit it and not deny it!

It is more than just a sin. It is a sin against chastity which is integral to the priesthood and religious life. I do not think his religious community (Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT)) makes vows but they still make the promises all priests make at their ordination.

Also as it was an employee there can be the problem of sexual harassment.

And further, if he has fallen back into his addiction to illegal drugs.

There is a lot here that needs to be checked out.

I will reserve my judgement until the facts come out (if they ever do) and will pray for both Father John and his accuser.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.