Fr. Damien and the lepers - great video

I have just finished watching a great movie on DVD from VideoVision. Here's a link to their webpage. visionvideo.com/detail.taf?_function=detail&a_product_id=30916

This is the story of Fr. Damien, who in 1870's volunteered to go to the island of Molokai, Hawaii, to live with and minister to the lepers. I remember learning about him in grade school but most people I know have never heard of him.

This movie (1999 production) is very well done, very professional, great photography and many well known actors such as Peter O'Toole and Kris Kristoferson (as well as many others). It really touches the heart and is very much worth seeing. It is a good DVD to suggest to friends who may have never heard of this brave Saint and Martyr.

Thats one of my all time favorite movies! Damien is actually my Confirmation name;)
I thought David Wenham did such an awsome job as Fr. Damien. It's hard to believe that he also played Faramir in the Lord of the Rings.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.