Fr Frank Pavone

I receive Fr Frank’s email newsletter. This came today and I thought it was very interesting reading.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria!

One Solitary Child

Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life

I recently had a conversation with a woman named Laura, who volunteers in the mail room at Priests for Life. She told me an interesting story about her son, Salvatore, who was born in 1973, the year Roe. Vs. Wade legalized abortion.

After she had given birth and was in the hospital recovering from her caesarian section, she was struck by the fact that even though the maternity ward seemed to be full of women, there were no other newborn babies around except hers. In fact, her infant son was all alone in a room full of empty incubators. It was a strange and almost eerie site.

One morning, Laura was awakened by screaming and moaning coming from down the hall. Thinking it was simply the labor pains of other women giving birth, she asked the nurse why someone didn’t help them. The nurse replied matter-of-factly: “Oh they’re not in labor. They’re having abortions. They didn’t think it would hurt.”

It turned out that the hospital Laura was in specialized in providing abortions, and following the 1973 Supreme Court decision, their business was booming.

The image of that ghostly maternity ward, devoid of all but one, solitary child; devoid of all the happy sounds of crying, newborn babies, with only the agonized sobbing of post-abortive mothers echoing through the empty corridors, reminded me again of how much emptier our world is because of all the abortions that have taken place since this most horrible of all atrocities was legalized.

And make no mistake, it is the most horrible of all atrocities. Sometimes people in our own Church attempt to trivialize abortion by lumping it together with the other evils of the world - by comparing it with poverty, disease, war, etc. But as the numbers clearly demonstrate, there is no comparison. Since 1973 there have been 50 million abortions in the United States alone. Worldwide, there are 42 million abortions every year. That means that in the last thirty years, there have been over 1.5 billion abortions!

1.5 billion! That’s the equivalent of approximately one quarter of the entire population of the planet! One quarter of the earth’s population, murdered; snuffed out; gone.

There’s a famous poem about Jesus that concludes with the memorable lines: “All the armies that ever marched, all the navies that ever sailed, all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man upon this earth as powerfully as that One Solitary Life.”

Unfortunately, we can say about abortion:

All the wars ever fought,
All the holocausts ever perpetrated,
All the plagues that ever raged,
All the bombs that ever dropped,
All the famines that ever laid waste to the land, put together, have not killed the number of human beings wiped out by abortion.

And yet, hope endures, because God’s grace abounds, even amidst such devastation.

And what ever happened to Laura’s baby? As she proudly related to me, her son, Fr. Sal, just celebrated his one year anniversary as a priest of the Catholic Church!

Society trivializes abortion, no one realizes the pain, emotional and physical, that is involved in it …there is a group that is called Silent No More…it’s women who have had abortions and regret them…they go to pro life marches and try to stop others from committing the same mistake they did…I believe pro life starts in the home…parents need to teach their kids the gift of life…my parents never even mentioned it, and I actually went to a pro choice rally in washington during college…When I found Jesus, I realized how stupid I was…I can hardly believe I ever thought abortion was right…It’s amazing how Jesus turned my life around!..Thank you Jesus!

The story about the “Abortion Hospital” is very powerful, and needs to be circulated.
A dear old man I know gave me the following insight into abortion:
In 1973, when Roe V Wade was being debated, Justice Blackmun wrote commentary which he explained his ‘reservations’ about abortion, even though he voted in favor of the legalization of abortion. He noted that AT THE TIME, there was a commonly-held belief that since the fetus tissue was a part of the mother, hence a part of her body, she was free to dispose of it or have it exorcized at her discretion. It was her own tissue.
Since the discovery of DNA and with the advances in science, we NOW KNOW that within two or three days, there is sufficient tissue of the developing fetus to determine its DNA, and we can SCIENTIFICALLY PROVE that the fetus is NOT its mother’s body. It is completely its OWN body, separate in form and in substance from its host, with its own DNA (which does include that of its mother) (and its father, and every other ancestor) just as the unique DNA of every other individual on earth. By the time the heart begins beating within that fetus, it is beginning its formation as a separate person, with head, hands, torso, legs, and all the other parts it needs. It is dependent on the host as on a ‘nest’ – not as an appendage of the host would be.
Now, it seems to me, that since we can SCIENTIFICALLY PROVE that this life, growing inside the body of the woman-host, is a person OTHER THAN the host, we no longer have the right to kill it. IT IS A SEPARATE PERSON, and as such, should have all the protection of the law as any other separate person.
My friend pointed out that the Pro-Choice people like to accuse us Pro-Lifers of only dealing with the subject with out emotions. They will only accept true science as an answer. Okay. Let’s make them understand that this is NOT emotion. This is pure and incontrovertible science! We have NO RIGHT to kill others. Unborn children are not just a blob of unwanted, unneeded, excess tissue, belonging to the mother to do with whatever she chooses to do.
:thumbsup:

This article needs to be copied and internetted to everyone on the planet.

Unreal…sounds like something out of a good horror novelists best work…and I said Good horror novelist, so Stephen King doesn’t count.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for less serious offenses.

What will God do to us for these horrible sins … for killing more than 50 million innocent babies in the United States … a supposedly Christian nation … and more that A BILLION BABIES WORLDWIDE?

[What fate awaits our bishops and priests for doing nothing?]

Wow, that’s a very powerful story. More people should hear it. Abortion truly is horrible, and its amazing how many people it has killed. Its like genocide.

Fr. Frank has a very powerful and wonderful web site too.
www.priestsforlife.org

He produces TV and radio programs for EWTN, and Vatican Radio too. His writings on pro-life
are published all over the world. The Vatican appointed him to the Pontifical Council for
the Family, which coordinates the pro-life activities of the Catholic Church. He’s also the
President of the National Pro-life Religious Council, and the Chairman of the Board of
Rachel’s Vineyard, among other things. Rachel’s vineyard is the largest ministry in the world
for healing after abortion. www.rachelsvineyard.org

Good God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.