+Fr. James Karepin, OP - Eternal memory!

Please pray for the repose of the soul of Fr. James Karepin, OP, who died of COVID-19.

Blessed repose and eternal memory!

7 Likes

Requiem æternam, dona ei Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace.

As is Dominican tradition, I’ll be praying the Office of the Dead for him tonight.

4 Likes

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him/

2 Likes

May his memory be eternal!

1 Like

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Amen. :dove:

2 Likes

Memory eternal!

1 Like

I prayed for Fr. James during ektenia this morning.

May the Lord God remember his priesthood in His kingdom, now and always and forever and ever,
Fr. Deacon Christopher

3 Likes

Oh thank you very much, Father Deacon. :orthodox_cross::pray::disappointed_relieved:

I didn’t know him personally but was praying for him to get well.

1 Like

That’s similar to how we sing Svyatij Bozhe at a Ukrainian Greek Catholic funeral, except it’s either in Slavonic or English and we keep singing it until the priest reaches the coffin before the tetrapod.

1 Like

May God immediately welcome his good servant Fr. Karepin into his heavenly kingdom. In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.

2 Likes

Blessed repose and eternal memory.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.