Fr. Mitch appreciation thread!

Seriously, the wisdom that comes out of this man is amazing! He is always so rational and faithful. I wonder what his IQ is, seriously.
He is bi-ritual, meaning that he can celebrate liturgy in both the Roman and Maronite rites. He is President and Founder of Ignatius Productions. He has taught at the University of Dallas and Loyola University and is now the Senior Fellow of the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology. Fr. Mitch earned his Ph.D. in Old Testament from Vanderbilt University. He also holds a Master of Divinity and S.T.B. from the Jesuit School of Theology at Loyola University. He is an accomplished linguist speaking several ancient languages, including Latin, Koine Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Ugaritic, as well as the modern languages of German, Spanish, Polish, Hebrew, Arabic, French, and Italian.
The only complaint I have about him is that he makes me feel so darn lazy!

http://www.catholicradioconference.com/images/frMitchLarge.jpg

I also love to watch Fr. Mitch on EWTN, especially The Threshold of Hope, which is one of my favorite programs. He explains things so clearly and thoroughly, and he has a great sense of humor as well. Fr. Mitch is also very down to earth, even with all his credentials, he doesn’t talk down to people but has an amiable personality. He teaches firmly and with authority on faith matters. God bless his work. We need more priests like him.

I’ve watched a few episodes of him on EWTN and I thought, “This is somebody who I could actually talk to”.
I like how the show is informative and then has a Q&A session.:thumbsup:

I am also a huge fan of Ft Mitch. He is certainly very intelligent, but also so folksy and down to earth. A rare combination these days…

His homilies on EWTN are the best! He usually explains how the gospel applies and what the Greek or Aramaic word actually means.

He sometimes explains what was going on at that time in history and in that particular part of the world.

He is certainly one of the wisest and most educated of Priests.

I like all the priests on the network, but I think he is my favorite.

Thanks Father Mitch.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.