Fr. Murray defends the faith

Fellow Catholics,
I am so happy to be a Catholic at this moment. Fr. Gerald Murray was just on Fox’s O’Reilly show doing a bang up job defending without apology the Catholic faith and position on life, abortion, euthenasia, birth control, confession, and denial of the eucharist as well as the grave danger of hell for any politician who supports government support of abortion or euthanasia.

He said the politicians who oppose God’s laws do so at their own peril and will be held accountable to God for their action.

And he said, and he was right, that by taking a moral stand Catholics and our leaders inspire rather than chase away other Catholics and encourage them to embrace and practice the faith.

I cannot find an email address for St. Vincent De Paul parish in Manhattan, anyone got one? I want to personally say “way to go” to that well spoken and staunch defender of the faith.

I saw that. He was awesome. He wasn’t afraid to say things that were not PC, like the people who use contraception can’t recive Communion. Other priests who have been on O’Reilly have come across as not very knowledgible about the faith. I was very impressed by this priest.

And what was O’Reilly’s response to this?

Is there a transcript of this? I’d love to read what he said.

Aunt Martha

I saw the late night replay (i.e. 1:00 am PST), and Fr. Murray di an excellent job. And I have to cringe every time I hear “seperation of Church and State.” (I have yet to see any proponent of the idea on TV say where the phrase came from). But I’ll start a new thread so as to not high-jack this one. I look forward to seeing Fr. Murray in the future. Also, transcripts generally aren’t avaiable until the next day. Hope that helps. Thanks and God Bless.

I saw that too - he was great! O’Reilly hit him pretty hard, but he didn’t back down. I’d love his address to if anyone has it. It might help, also, to send Fox emails on how much we liked him. A bombardment of emails to Fox brought Christopher West back on during the days after the Pope John Paul II’s death.

[quote=eleusis]Fellow Catholics,
I am so happy to be a Catholic at this moment. Fr. Gerald Murray was just on Fox’s O’Reilly show doing a bang up job defending without apology the Catholic faith and position on life, abortion, euthenasia, birth control, confession, and denial of the eucharist as well as the grave danger of hell for any politician who supports government support of abortion or euthanasia.

He said the politicians who oppose God’s laws do so at their own peril and will be held accountable to God for their action.

And he said, and he was right, that by taking a moral stand Catholics and our leaders inspire rather than chase away other Catholics and encourage them to embrace and practice the faith.

I cannot find an email address for St. Vincent De Paul parish in Manhattan, anyone got one? I want to personally say “way to go” to that well spoken and staunch defender of the faith.
[/quote]

I found this on the Internet but it’s not a direct e-mail address: info@cultureoflife.com

Fr. Murray is part of a group called CULTURE OF LIFE, it looks like it is from New York City. cultureoflife.com/mission.cfm

I am sure if you send an e-mail through this group, that Fr. Murray may receive it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.