Fr. Pavone with Lee Strobel

leestrobel.com/videoserver/video.php?clip=strobelT1050

I went to the video store last night; didn’t find what I really wanted, but noticed The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. I thought it would make good Sunday viewing, & it is a very well done video. Lee is an evangelical, formerly on staff with Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, IL. He joined Saddleback Valley Community Church in Lake Forest, CA, as a teaching pastor in 2000. He left Saddleback’s staff in mid-2002 to focus on writing. He is also a contributing editor and columnist for Outreach magazine. More on him at: leestrobel.com/bio.html

Even though it’s not Catholic, it is a very good apologetic for basic questions such as, Did Jesus really exist? Can we trust the accuracy of the new testatment writers? etc. One interesting thing brought up was that the odds of any one person fulfilling the 48 prophecies of the OT are a multiple of trillions to one! Even one trillion to one would be impressive enough.

I was a little surprised to see Amy Wellborn & Fr. Frank Pavone listed on their web site under Our Great Speakers! You can click on the listing & a short video will be available.

In another area, there is a place to leave a question for Lee. I complimented him on the video, & then asked Why aren’t you Catholic? I doubt I’ll get to see the answer (if it even IS answered), since the questions appear in their newsletter. I signed it Miriam (which is my given name).

Anyway, if you know someone who is asking basic questions about how we know Christianity is authentic, this is good. I’ll go finish watching it & maybe post another comment.

God bless,
Mimi

I love “The Case for Christ.” It’s my favorite book.

Why isn’t he Catholic?:shrug:

The case for a Creator is also very good. Anyone who loves science, and wants to see how science actually points to a God, this is the book for you. Very convincing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.