France: Muslims Protect Church During Christmas Midnight Mass

MOROCCO WORLD NEWS: A dozen of Muslim men stood outside a church in France to protect Christians from any potential attacks during midnight Christmas Mass on Thursday.

Members of the Muslim community in Lens (Pas-de-Calais), northern France, arrived in one of the city’s churches to guard Christians, while they prayed and enjoyed their midnight mass on such a memorable holiday, Belgium’s RTL reported.

Abdelkader Aoussedj, President of the Federation of Muslim Associations of Nord-Pas-de-Calais said that it was a “strong gesture” of unity and tolerance between Muslims and Christians.

According to the same source, this symbolic initiative came after the French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve called for strengthening security at the entrance of churches during Christmas Mass.

Hashim El Jazaoui, Secretary of the Union of Muslim Citizens (UCM) in Pas-de-Calais organized the initiative to protect Christians during their midnight mass.

“We want to say that we are all together. We are brothers. We are in the same boat. If the boat sinks, we all sink. If mentally ill people want to kill us, they will have to kill us all together,” El Jazaoui in a statement to I-Tele.

moroccoworldnews.com/2015/12/176086/france-muslims-protect-church-during-christmas-mass/

Thank you for sharing that, it’s sad that it even needed protecting (especially at Christmas) but at the same time, it’s uplifting to know there are Muslims who would protect Christians like that when it came to it and likewise, if any of those Muslims were seeking asylum in Australia from the Middle East, I would be happy to welcome them.

Unfortunately I have not studied enough of the Qur’an yet to know who is closer to it and whether these Muslims are following the Qur’an the closest or the others are or something in between.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Great gesture

that is a good story - shows promise of tolerance someday.

What a beautiful gesture!

The more of these kinds of acts there are, the more we have hope for true peace on Earth.

If only all people could be thar way all the time. Peace would reign.

I agree.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.