Franciscan order in WA State?

I want to get more information on the Franciscan order vocations in WA State. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding them here. Any idea?

find 'poorclaretobe' on these boards. i am wanting to say she is in wa state.

blessings.
cloisters

deoestgloria.com/us.g.wa.html

Spokane, WA:

Franciscans. Monastery of St.Clare, 4419 North Hawthorne Street, Spokane, WA 99205. [W] poorclare.org/ * calledbyjoy.com/

The OFMs in Washington are from the St. Barbara Province: sbfranciscans.org/

I’m not sure about other branches of the order.

(And I’m guessing that Philv is short for Phillip. If you’re female then ignore this.)

[quote="SuscipeMeDomine, post:4, topic:342165"]
The OFMs in Washington are from the St. Barbara Province: sbfranciscans.org/

I'm not sure about other branches of the order.

(And I'm guessing that Philv is short for Phillip. If you're female then ignore this.)

[/quote]

Yes, it's Phillip. St. Barbara is in CA. Do they just go through seminary over there and sent back to WA? Portland may be closest to family as one of their parishes.

Once you join an Order the Community is your family.

When I was in pre-novitiate with the OFMs I had to miss my grandfather's funeral and my two brothers' weddings.

After that I got a couple of weeks a year to visit my parents.

If you look at their web site you’ll see that the province has ministries in Washington as well as Arizona, California, and Oregon. Religious provinces often cover more than one state.

Our OFS spiritual director was just telling us about this - wish I had paid more attention. I belive the Portland seminary has been closed. I can check with him and ask if you want me to.

There is more freedom to be with family now. Fr. has been caring for his elderly mother. He had to miss a meeting because she had a medical emergency.

Dear Phillip,

The current vocation director for the Santa Barbara Province of OFM friars is

Friar Eric Pilarcik OFM

His address is:

Old Mission Santa Barbara
2201 Laguna St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

(805) 682-4713

I am sure he would be able to answer questions you might have regarding formation, and what locations the formation is located in. He would also be able to explain what the friars policy is for family home visits (which various according to the stage of formation you are in)

As to where might be assigned after formation that also would be a question to ask him. The Santa Barbara Friars are located mostly in the western portion of the U.S. Again he can give you any information you might need.

P.S. Thank You to all who mentioned our Poor Clare community in WA state.

Blessings,

Sr. Debbie OSC

Sr. Debbie -

Your community is AWESOME! We are very fortunate here in Eastern WA to have both the Poor Clares and the new sisters whose name I’m drawing a blank on. :o

[quote="Bonnie, post:10, topic:342165"]
Sr. Debbie -

Your community is AWESOME! We are very fortunate here in Eastern WA to have both the Poor Clares and the new sisters whose name I'm drawing a blank on. :o

[/quote]

Blessings Bonnie and thank you for your kind words. May I ask where in eastern Washington you live? if that's not to personal. *

As for the active order of sisters you mention... I believe you mean "Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church"

They are awesome sisters and their story is amazing

Here is a link to their many websites for any who may wish to get to know them

[www.sistersofmarymc.org](www.sistersofmarymc.org)  

Blessings to all of you!

Sr. Debbie OSC*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.