Franciscan Religious in FL

I am looking for a Franciscan religious community (sisters/nuns) where I could possibly visit for discernment. Traditional habit only.

In looking on the Internet, the only two that I was able to find for Florida were questionable (new age sounding, LGBT ministry, the sisters don’t wear habits…).

If you know of any, please share. Thanks (:

How about these?

Mother Angelica's order, Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration:olamshrine.com/vocations/

A new monastery founded by Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration: desertnuns.com/about-us

Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal: franciscansisterscfr.com/

:)

:o Edited: I am so sorry, I just realized you wanted Florida only. I'll leave these references just in case, though :)

[quote="AssisiFollower, post:1, topic:329422"]
I am looking for a Franciscan religious community (sisters/nuns) where I could possibly visit for discernment. Traditional habit only.

In looking on the Internet, the only two that I was able to find for Florida were questionable (new age sounding, LGBT ministry, the sisters don't wear habits...).

If you know of any, please share. Thanks (:

[/quote]

and the Church isn't supposed to minister to this group ? :confused:

never mind ,i found the group you are talking about ,wow !

[quote="april32010, post:3, topic:329422"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately some people use the guise of "ministering" to LGBTQ people to really support/encourage their lifestyle while claiming to be "Catholic". It's best to use a little caution. If the order also sounds New Agey, that's a bad sign.

Have you checked out the Franciscan Sisters of Penance of the Sorrowful Mother? They are based in Ohio, but do work in Florida at Ave Maria University.

[quote="april32010, post:3, topic:329422"]

[/quote]

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to word that so badly. Hope I didn't offend you at first, before you saw what I meant. ):

franciscans sisters of the immaculate,though, I dont think they are in Florida but have a look.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.