Franciscans of the Immaculate

I love these guys. They are in the red. Please help, even if it's by praying for them:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6X2DjBd3QQ&playnext=1&videos=7EW7PgTOf0A&feature=sub

God Bless you all.

Ave Maria!

I definitely agree with you that we should support them. I love them too; in fact, I'm hoping to join them.

I'm just wondering, how do you know they're in the red? And is it just this one ministry of theirs that is in the red, or do you see a broader crisis?

Well, to be honest, the description below the video said they were in the red.

That's awesome that you wish to join them. I will pray a rosary for your vocation. If I were single I would consider them myself. Good luck and keep me posted!

Ave Maria!

I missed that part of the description; thanks for pointing it out!

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, Lady of these Friars, pray for all their needs, and for all of us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Beautifully said! :slight_smile:

Pax†

I very much appreciate your Rosary! :D Thank-you so much for that gift!

Right now I'm in dialogue with the Friars' vocation director. The path into their order looks like it will be smooth sailing, though.

Oh that is so cool. Which community are you hoping to belong to?

I don't know enough about the differences between them to say. Do you know much about the differences between them?

Not really. I just know of them by the main website and their links. There are five plus one convent.

Unless I'm mistaken, one doesn't join a particular friary, but the Institute as a whole, before being sent to a friary at the will of the superior. So, for instance, a man who's discerning might spend time at their friary in Bloomington, IN as an aspirant, then be sent to Maine, NY as a postulant, then to Griswold, CT for novitiate, then to any number of friaries (in the US, Italy, or elsewhere) for further studies.

The friars do have one contemplative house in Italy, but I don't think one can apply to it directly.

Leif, you have my prayers. Thanks for posting, Catholic Fireman.

Happy feast of St. Clare!

Ave Maria!

[quote="Thepeug, post:10, topic:208570"]
Unless I'm mistaken, one doesn't join a particular friary, but the Institute as a whole, before being sent to a friary at the will of the superior. So, for instance, a man who's discerning might spend time at their friary in Bloomington, IN as an aspirant, then be sent to Maine, NY as a postulant, then to Griswold, CT for novitiate, then to any number of friaries (in the US, Italy, or elsewhere) for further studies.

The friars do have one contemplative house in Italy, but I don't think one can apply to it directly.

Leif, you have my prayers. Thanks for posting, Catholic Fireman.

Happy feast of St. Clare!

Ave Maria!

[/quote]

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, much like other orders. Thank you, Thepeug. Happy feast of Saint Claire!

Pax†

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.