Francisco - Fatima

I was wondering about the child Francisco … How come he couldn’t hear our lady but the others could? Is there also some connection with this where his body was corrupt and jacinta was incorrupt…? Is this an issue with some sort of sin perhaps?

He couldn’t hear Mary at first but after praying the rosary at her request, then he could, just as the others did.

Is there also some connection with this where his body was corrupt and jacinta was incorrupt…? Is this an issue with some sort of sin perhaps?

We cannot know why some saints’ bodies/parts of saints’ bodies remain incorrupt. Most saints’ bodies did not remain incorrupt. Only God knows why some are preserved and others aren’t. But Francisco and Jacinta have both been declared blessed. The state of their bodies is of interest but it has nothing to do with their elevation, but rather their witness to Christ in their lives.

Most incorrupts are female; I have no idea why this is; perhaps nobody does.

ICXC NIKA

Thank you… It was not a doubt I had just a question that someone else arose and made me think… Thanks

From what I remember from the movie, Francisco was not first sincere in praying the rosary…only when he became sincere was he able to hear.

He was also told that he would have to say a lot of rosaries…

This, in my mind, is easily the most troubling aspect of Fatima. How much trouble could a child of that age have gotten into? And by comparison, how much trouble have I gotten into? :eek:

He probably didn’t have that many actual sins on his soul, but rather had some inner flaw Our Lady could detect. All of us have besetting sins that come from some wound to our nature. We need to correct this through prayer, the sacraments, and living out our baptismal promises. Actual sin comes from our sinful nature, which needs to die daily with Christ. For most of us this is a life-long process. :)’;

I thought only God can read hearts/souls?

And how about the mysterious “purgatory girl”, Amelia?

God can give such discernment to whomever he pleases.

We cannot know what this girl’s condition was at the time, but since she was in purgatory, she was well on her way to the Beatific Vision, and so in a very good state. She must have had venial sins yet on her soul or attachments to her earthly life that warranted a time of purgation. If we are concerned about her, we should pray for the repose of her soul.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.