Franklin Graham hopes to launch Latino religious revival

Sixty-two years ago it was the father, evangelist Billy Graham, who captivated Los Angeles with an old-fashioned tent revival that launched his career as America’s most influential preacher.

Today it is his son, Franklin Graham, who hopes to use Southern California as a launch pad for a national religious revival — this one aimed at Latinos, who represent fertile soil for Christian evangelists.

Graham’s Festival de Esperanza, or Festival of Hope, kicks off Saturday evening at the Home Depot Center in Carson, somewhat spiffier grounds than those available to the elder Graham, who in 1949 pitched his revival in a tent on Washington Boulevard and Hill Street. That meeting, held in the hope-filled years after World War II, helped establish Billy Graham as a national figure.

latimes.com/news/local/la-me-franklin-graham-20110625,0,160999.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29

All I can say is we catholics better get busy and beat him to the punch, especially since the new Archbishop of Los Angeles used to be Archbishop of San Antonio, another big latino city. Don’t know why the church just sits on its hands and does nothing, with such a big hispanic population in this country.Heck, it needs to do more in that line with even catholics of other ethnic groups and races here in the US.maybe they need to send out seminary students like the mormons do.See them riding around on bicycles here all the time.

We need to find a way to resurrect the parochial school system. Maybe start with repealing the Blaine laws… if the children are educated in the Faith, this won’t have as much of an impact…

I think a lot of Catholics see the internet, the New Media as form of evangelisation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.