Fred Phelps dead

cnn.com/2014/03/20/us/westboro-church-founder-dead/index.html

Eternal Rest, O Lord…

I think all the gay people should go protest at his funeral. Or better yet, pay their respects.

May he now fade into obscurity, and the hate he spread in his life with him.

Praying for the repose of his soul.

I, too, will pray for the repose of his soul.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam dilis. May his faithful soul sit at the right hand of God.

I hope there are no protests of any kind. If it was wrong to protest at the funerals of deceased soldiers, etc; then it is still wrong to do so at his. Triumphalism won’t win hearts; nor arguments.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

…grant to him and may he rest in peace.
Mary.

Actually from what I heard his own family is going to protest at his funeral. How ironic :confused:

What on Earth does that achieve? I’m not sure those people know what they’re doing…

I heard that too, and I figured it was just a way to show the world that they completely own what they do.

But now they’re saying there won’t be a funeral.

If there really is an afterlife and if we are wiser there…I hope he can now see how wrong his views were.
I hope he understands the pain he caused so many people with his ugly words and judgmental actions, and that he regrets spreading so much hatred.

If it’s possible, I hope he can send help and healing to all the people he hurt.
And that whatever ill-will he felt here, it’s now turned into so much overflowing love for his fellow human being…that he’s desperate to hug tightly each person whose heart he smashed into little bits.

It’s a lot of broken hearts, fragmented and strewn all over the world.

Go ahead, Fred. Lots to do. Don’t wait one minute more.

Yeah. They said They don’t “worship” the dead. The cynic in me is fairly shouting “How convenient…:stuck_out_tongue:

Ugh, this type of attitude that they’re showing towards their founder and patriarch is pretty disgusting… :dts:

May God have mercy on his soul, and give him eternal rest with a clean heart and a sanctified spirit. :signofcross:

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord
may perpetual light shine upon him
and may he rest in peace Amen

I honestly hope that he took advantage of the opportunity for repentance and conversion that he had at the hospice.

I would be very surprised if there was a funeral; these people are the definition of cowardly hypocrisy.

Eternal rest, grant unto him O’ Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace, amen.

I also hope he was able to find repentance for the hate he felt before he passed…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.