Fred Phelps - Sola Scriptura at it's best.

Talking about a nut job…I guess his interpretation of the bible is inspired by the holy spirit. :rolleyes:
youtube.com/watch?v=e647x8xFKTs

Too late to repent? :eek:

America is doomed? :eek:

godhatesfags.com? :eek: (maybe this one is true)

godhatesamerica.com? :eek: (isn’t that treason against the united states?)

priestrapeboys.com? :eek:

I would really hate to be in his shoes when he stands face to face with Jesus.

Folks, even most non-Catholic Christians consider this guy a total whack-job. Our local evangelical talk-show host shouted him down and told him never to step foot in our town (perhaps the only time I’ve agreed with the dude).

Yes, please keep Fred Phelps away from your normal Sola Scriptura crew. He’s pretty insane.

godhatesfags.com? :eek: (maybe this one is true)

No it is not true. Makes me mad as fire when I hear someone tell me that God hates a sinner.

I agree, I was just compromizing with the Protestants that started this thread…

Ok Joey. I just thought someone had hacked into your account there for a moment and posted in your name without you knowing it. It just did not sound like you!:smiley:

Cheers!

Yes, you are right, it doesn’t sound like me.

I went to those websites that are mentioned in the video.

If I had hacker talents, I would be most tempted in the Name of God to delete each one.

I know that is not very christian-like but…

I agree with you. I would do the same thing if I could!

You are truely my brother…

And you are mine…

Fred Phelps is not Sola Scriptura “at its best”.

Fred Phelps is a blot on the landscape.

If Fred Phelps is Sola Scriptura at its best then I guess Fr. Troche, he of the abortion clinic bombings, is Catholicism at its best.

Folks, I live in Topeka, and we have to put up with this vile spew every day. We have to see Fred and all his family (Who make up his congregation) picketing all over town, see them in the grocery store, and our kids have to go to school withi his inbred spawn. Most of his now-adult children are attorneys at the Phelps Law Firm - Daddy Fred was disbarred in both a state and federal courts.

He has several adult children who have nothing to do with the Phelps cult - two sons live in (I think) California, and one of his daughters is an attorney here in town, but uses her married name - I know her, but we obviously don’t discuss her family.

Word around town is that ol’ Fred has cancer, and we all sincerely hope (I know it’s unchristian, but ask for forgiveness) that he goes to meet Jesus soon, where I am sure he’ll be in for a rude surprise. We expect the cult to fall apart after his death, without big daddy around to brainwash and beat thefamily.

You have no idea how truly, deeply vile, crazed and evil Fred is until you encounter him in person. They picket all the churches in town - you have no idea what it is like to come out of Mass and see this lot with their “FAG CHURCH” signs outside.

You have no idea how truly, deeply vile, crazed and evil Fred is until you encounter him in person. They picket all the churches in town - you have no idea what it is like to come out of Mass and see this lot with their “FAG CHURCH” signs outside.

I have no idea how you stay cool in a situation like that. You have my prayers! I fear that my priest would walk out of my parish with a Bible and a baseball bat if that happened here. There is a time to tend the flock, but there is a time to fend off the wolves too.

I’ll second that.

If Mr Phelps preached the Gospel of love and salvation no one would know his name. This way he makes national news and gets threads on him in CAF.

Here’s my question about Phelps and the media. WE all know that he hates Catholics just as much as homosexuals. Why doesn’t the media ever mention that Phelp’s “church” goes around protesting Catholic Churches all of the country as well?

Dear Sweeny,

May I offer you peace in the name of Jesus,

Your post made me ill. Calling children “inbred spawn” is the most repugnant way for a Catholic to speak, and frankly of his (God’s) own handiwork -:mad: that just takes the cake. How offensive!

My dear Damascus-

ALL the members of Westboro Baptist are related to Fred Phelps.
Due to a shortage of eligible young acceptable (to Fred) partners, Fred’s grandchildren are marrying their cousins. Apparently, you are not aware of this.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
If I post something out of line, I am very sure that the moderators will handle it, and I will comply with their wishes, without the need of a post from you calling me “repugnant” and “offensive”.

Jabronie-

I noticed that, too.

Apparently, “God Hates Fags” is much more newsworthy to the media than “God Hates Catholics”. And, I guess, we don’t have anywhere near the media clout other groups do?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.