Free Audio Bible?

Does anyone know of either an app fr the iPhone or just some plain MP3’s or other audio format of the catholic bible so I can listen to it in my car on my way to work? I see some apps out there, but you get maybe one or two chapters for free and then have to spend money for each additional chapter. I don’t know if there are any free ones there, but just checking.

Librivox has the entire Douay Rheims, but it is in hour-long segments.

You can either download it to a downloads app that plays MP3s (I think one can d/l the zip file and have it unzip automatically; that’s worth trying.). Or one can get for free the Librivox app. The one I like best is called Librivox and has a purplish-pink background wjth a weird multi-colored open book with an icon of headphones on it.

You can listen to the book over wifi, or download it in its entirety at the top, or download segments at a time. This should be easy to see how to do when you look at it.

The one thing to do is to hit Save when you find what you are looking for–that will save it to your favorites and does not download it. I do not know if they fixed the glitch which allowed you to d/l the book without putting into your favorites and then not allow you to put it in your favorites after the download, requiring wifi to access the entry into the downloaded book.

They also have quite a few good Catholic books :smiley: including GK Chesterton!!! and Light and Peace by Fr Quadrupani, and Robert Hughs Benson…

Librivox has the entire Douay Rheims, but it is in hour-long segments.

You can either download it to a downloads app that plays MP3s (I think one can d/l the zip file and have it unzip automatically; that’s worth trying.). Or one can get for free the Librivox app. The one I like best is called Librivox and has a purplish-pink background wjth a weird multi-colored open book with an icon of headphones on it.

You can listen to the book over wifi, or download it in its entirety at the top, or download segments at a time. This should be easy to see how to do when you look at it.

The one thing to do is to hit Save when you find what you are looking for–that will save it to your favorites and does not download it. (I do not know if they fixed the glitch which allowed you to d/l the book without putting into your favorites and then not allow you to put it in your favorites after the download, requiring wifi to access the entry into the downloaded book.)

They also have quite a few good Catholic books :smiley: including GK Chesterton!!! and Light and Peace by Fr Quadrupani, and Robert Hughs Benson…

There are lots of other good Catholic audio sources when you need more :slight_smile:

This one had the book of mark for free, but the rest is well worth the price!

truthandlifeapp.com

Thanks… so how do you know what section is which book of the bible? That’s the only thing I don’t really like about this. If I want to read the Gospel of John, it may be right in the middle of one of the sections or at least start in it). This is a good start, but something that labels the books of the bible so I can pick them would be a bit better. Is there anything more like that?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.