Free Online Catechism Classes

Is there any free online catechism classes offered? I really need something broken down and easy to follow. Also a forum or peer support would help. It is very difficult to physically attend a class at my parish.

Also any free online, daily devotions for children?

The Knights of Columbus offers online classes for free.

Online Courses (Includes chapter tests and instant scoring):

[list]
*]The Luke E. Hart Series Course
*]The Faith Formation Course
[/list]As for forums, I recommend Catholic Answers. :wink:

See also…

Catholic Home Study Service
led by Father Oscar Lukefahr, C.M
amm.org/chss.htm

They offer seven free courses. http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

[quote=itsjustdave1988]See also…

led by Father Oscar Lukefahr, C.M
amm.org/chss.htm They offer seven free courses. http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
[/quote]

Are these geared towards adults, or might a high school junior or senior be able to do them? --KCT

[quote=KCT]Are these geared towards adults, or might a high school junior or senior be able to do them? --KCT
[/quote]

A high school student should easily be able to follow them.

[quote=KCT]Are these geared towards adults, or might a high school junior or senior be able to do them? --KCT
[/quote]

When my kids were middle-school age, we homeschooled them and used Fr. Lukefahr’s We Believe… A Survey of the Catholic Faith. Any high-schooler ought to be able to take these courses easily. Fr. Lukefahr’s We Believe was very introductory. If your HS kids are already familar with Catholic teaching in general, I recommend the The Luke E. Hart Series Course , authored by Peter Kreeft, instead.[/font]

As for daily devotions, I recommend Daily Mass and daily Rosary. A family that prays together, stays together. :wink:

I also recommend the daily email reflection from Presentation Ministries, called One Bread, One Body.

You can signup for it here: Sign-up for OBOB daily e-mail . The daily email comes complete with links to the daily Mass readings. You can read today’s OBOB here: One Bread, One Body Reflection

If you want to review the KofC course material, you can download them in PDF format, here:

Luke E. Hart Series
kofc.org/un/publications/cis/publications/hart/list.cfm

The Veritas Series
kofc.org/un/publications/cis/publications/veritas/index.cfm

You can also check out catechismcourse.com
This site is entirely dedicated to the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It has over 130 lessons and all you have to do is read the set pages and answer the questions. I made it and took me some years to do. Give it a go and please tell me what you think.

I know you are looking for something online but I just want to mention the book This is the Faith by Canon Francis Ripley since you asked for easily broken down catechism. The book breaks down Catholicism into easy to understand language. It’s available on Amazon.

You spend several years in preparation for the Catechism Class then its whether the priest will initiate you or not.

Your first link did not work. Let’s try this page.

On Line Courses

Forbidden. I would like to try it!

Our TEFL courses helps an ESL or TEFL teacher to gain relevant knowledge on the foundations of teaching, different learning and teaching styles with the inclusion of current radical trends and techniques in teaching English as a second language with a benefit of a free job search assistance.

Hi Brothers and Sisters in the Church, I’m new to this forum (and this is my 1st post after my “Hi” message). I got into this forum, specifically because this thread (“Free Online Catechism Classes”) came out in Google search when I looked for online courses on Catechism.

Thanks for the suggested links here. A lot of them don’t work now, but the new URLs are searchable in Google.

The Luke E. Hart Series Course and CIS Faith Formation Course can be accessed through this link: kofc.org/un/en/cis/courses/

I found other links that are equally interesting:

The Essentials of the Catholic Faith
therealpresence.org/essentials/acc.htm

amm.org/chss/chss.asp

Hope these links help for those like me who are looking for the same thing.

Are there any online catechism classes for first, second, and third grade children?

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.