Free will without evil?

its possible God’s definition of evil is different than my own. Until that is made evident, I am faced with this conundrum (Not on the question of existence of God but regarding his nature relative to ours)
God cannot be omniscient, omnipotent, and all merciful at the same time. ( from our understanding of those concepts.
Perhaps I am missing something. Any opinions?

Evil: That which is done to the detriment of others, without the desire to bring a greater good for anyone other than oneself. ( my somewhat flawed definition )

God does absolutely nothing to the detriment of others. He **permits **events which lead to the detriment of others because that is a lesser evil than not giving them the gift of life. :slight_smile:

No opinions yet. Please define what you mean by the terms:

omniscient
omnipotent. and
all merciful

Evil: That which is done to the detriment of others, without the desire to bring a greater good for anyone other than oneself. ( my somewhat flawed definition )

A better definition of evil when we talk about it in reference to God would be:

Evil - Absence of good. With the ultimate good being defined as God.

With your free will, you can choose to do evil things, or good things. (:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.