Freedom from smoking

Please pray for all of us who smoke, to be free from this filthy habit… Thank you…:gopray2:

Father, thank You for the urge our friend has to give up smoking, and all others who desire to do so.
Father we ask Your powerful healing of both the addiction, and of the damage in the systems of all who suffer with addiction to smoking, and for their families whose health can also be affected.
Please protect others from being drawn into addiction with them.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please give strength and healing all those who are struggling with the desire to give up smoking.
Please urge them to distract themselves by healthier activity, each time temptation arises.
Please surround their lives with Your light and love.

Thank You, Father

All the best with your efforts! :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

I have a very STRONG idea about smoking – my sister died of lung cancer three years ago, and there is NO cigarette on earth that’s worth what she went through – in fact, when her son phoned me and told me his Mom had died, I thanked God. I had seen her the day before and observed that she was in agony.
I live very close to two high schools and when I drive by the schools can’t believe how many young people I see smoking. They must be aware of how dangerous it can possibly be. It is all I can do not to jump out of the car and tell them what a dangerous thing smoking is.

Yes Lord< I pray in agreement with my sister…

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers for your intentions….

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Lord, please help YESSENIA1 and others to quit smoking. Grant them the graces they need to quit and get them in touch with someone who can help them break the habit. Bad habits aren’t so easy to break, but with your grace, daily prayer, and persistence in saying “No!,” YESSENIA1 and others will soon find it easier to say “No!” and will one day finally arrive at total self-control and will feel absolute repugnance at the thought of smoking another cigarette. May YESSENIA1 take all the steps necessary for quitting, like not having cigarettes available at home and at work, buying a nicotine patch, consciously making the choice to live healthily…and may it all begin by YESSENIA1 resolving to center her life on you and on being resolved to have recourse to you through prayer. May she meet with a professional if she has to so she can be free from this habit that I know she’d rather not have. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Praying.

Hope in the Lord if at any time you fail, and try again. The Lord is with you. :slight_smile:

Praying for your stamina while you try to break the habit …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.