French Chop Down Historic 'Name Trees' Carved by U.S. Soldiers During Normandy Invasion

Well, this will give them good practice for blowing up cathedrals after the Muslims officially take power.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366467,00.html

Truly sad.

Yes, sad. But its a bit misleading to way “the French” did this when it was the action of one disgruntled French landowner.

Look at the Link. FOX TV. “We distort. You believe.”

I did read the link and I still think it’s sad the trees are gone - no matter who cut them down.

Years go by. Generations come and go. People forget. Nothing on earth lasts. The Normandy Invasion is quickly becoming an abstract thing to the French who have no memory of it.

Things like the Great Depression are abstract to young people in America today. It’s just the way it is.

Like St. Teresa of Avila said:

All things are passing
God alone does not change

The article seems pertty straightforward. I noticed there is a contingent fighting for the preservation of the remaining trees. I keep thinking, when they mention the numbers, what a marketing opportunity they miss. If I felt economically complelled to cut them down, I would have saved the trunks and marketed the parts that were carved to tourists. I remember at one time you could buy chunks of the Berlin Wall.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.