Frequency of Communion

If I attend a Sunday Mass on Saturday night and again on Sunday morning, may I receive Communion at both Masses? If I (for example) attend a Saturday Mass, an ordination Mass, a wedding Mass, a funeral Mass, and a Sunday vigil Mass all on the same day. may I or should I receive Communion at all of them?

[quote=sma]If I attend a Sunday Mass on Saturday night and again on Sunday morning, may I receive Communion at both Masses?
[/quote]

Yes. As far as receiving Communion goes, this counts as having received once per day.

[quote=sma]If I (for example) attend a Saturday Mass, an ordination Mass, a wedding Mass, a funeral Mass, and a Sunday vigil Mass all on the same day, may I or should I receive Communion at all of them?
[/quote]

Unless you are in danger of death, in which case you may always receive viaticum, you may receive Communion twice in a day, so long as the second time is during the celebration of Mass. In the example you gave the person may choose two Masses at which to receive Communion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.