Friend commited suicide

Please pray for the Hill family. While in the hospital I made friends with a great guy named Tom. He was a very happy go lucky guy who kept us all smiling and affectionately called all of us ladies “honey”. I found myself wondering why such a happy guy was in there. He had a gift of lifting everyones spirits and making the hospital bearable. We swapped numbers when we left. He called me once after and I always meant to but just hadn’t returned the call yet. Now, I’ll never get the chance. His brother called me today. Tom killed himself a few days ago and he was just found.

Please pray for his family in this time and please also pray for all of us he befriended in the hospital. I hope and pray I will not have to make anymore posts like this, ever again.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. :frowning: I will be glad to pray for Tom, his family, and all those that know him.

Dear Heavenly Father, I lift up Tom, his family, and friends to You, so that You may help them to cope during this difficult time. Please give them strength to love and to draw close to one another. Show us your mercy dear Lord. Amen.

Oh, wow … I have a huge lump in my throat after reading your post.

Prayers for Tom and his family, and for you and all his other friends and loved ones.

:signofcross:

I’m sorry.Prayers for all involved.
:gopray:

Me too - so very sorry

~Liza

I pray for Tom–that he might finally find peace with the Lord, and for his family, that they might find comfort in Him.

Prayers going up.

Praying for Tom and his family at this difficult time.

I’m praying for Tom, his family, and all others who knew him - that they can get through his tragic death.

Praying for Tom’s soul and for everyone who is affected by his death.

I’m so sorry. I’m praying for Tom, his family, and for you.

I am so sorry! I will pray for you with my night prayers.
Kathy

:crossrc:

Done. I am so sorry.

:gopray2:

my condolences to the family, and for you as well. i will pray for the repose of his soul.

Prayers for Tom
JMJ

Tom is in my prayers as well as his family.

My prayers are with Tom, his family and you as well. May God hold you all near His heart!

My prayers are with all of you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.