Friend Going to Prison

My best buddy is goin' to prison for ten months for a white collar crime he commited in ignorance nine years ago. He's a good faithful Catholic and in good spirits. Says he's using the ten months as a long retreat. Still, please pray for him and his family.

We ask you Jesus, that your son becomes closer to you during these ten months. Let him be able to hear you, and speak to you as well. Open his eyes and his heart to let him realize you have forgiven him for his sin.

I’ll be praying for him!

Heavenly Father,

We bring this soul to you while he faces this difficult challenge in his life. I pray that our brother in Christ will keep good spirits while praying to you, meditating on you. I pray that Your presence will be so obvious to him that he will be amazed at just how much he senses your presence. Please Lord watch over him and protect him from any harm. I pray that he will be able to witness for you and bring others to you Lord. I pray this man’s expereince will be one of evangelization and ministry. Thank you in our Precious Lord Jesus name. Amen.

Holy Mother of God stay close to this soul going to prison, may he grow even closer to You, our Lord’s Mother. Amen.

Praying.

Sts John the Baptist, Sts Peter and Paul who all spent prison time during your lives, please pray for this man during his prison time, so that like you he remains strong in faith, achieves good, and deepens his humanity and spiritual life.

Lord, please help Layp3rs0n’s friend to keep up his good spirits, and protect him from all harm. May he grow even closer to you during his ten months and be a true Christian witness for the others. May he find comfort and strength by praying and in receiving you in the the Eucharist, and always know your love for him. Please watch over him and help him (and his family) keep strong and faithful. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Praying for your friend …

Hail Mary
full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.