Friend in danger with wife in Peru

The following is an excerpt from a message I received from an American friend of mine in Peru. He married a Peruvian woman and moved to Peru with her to teach English until she could get her visa to come back with him to the USA. They are both very holy and faithful to the Christ and His Church.

**"…Yes we are, and have been, living in Chincha Alta since February… There is very significant damage here from the earthquake and daily tremors we have received and are receiving. **

**I want to be very objective here. Currently, there is no electric power or light, no running water and and a very high security risk especially with the collapsed prison close by in which 600 prisoners have escaped. The nearby hospital has been partially destroyed and robbed. Shooting and violence occur nightly. We have been standing in lines daily for food and water provisions. **

**In Chincha Alta, over 50% of the homes have been destroyed and most of our neighbors are living in the street. All homes have been affected. Close to 100 people have died in Chincha Alta alone. Our school where we teach english has been significantly damaged and closed. There is a continual health risk with breathing (dust and dirt) and psychological problems…" **
My friends name is Mark and his wife is Carmen. Please pray for their safety and the safety and health of their community. :crossrc:

Dear God, please help Mark and Carmen and all the suffering in Peru. Grant them strength to persevere through this terrible struggle, and protect them from all evil, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Immaculate heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death.

:gopray: :gopray: :gopray:

I pray for their safety–may the Lord watch over them and not let harm touch them in any way.

God help Mark and Carmen in their hour of need. Lord help and bless all the people in Peru during this horrible period of time for them. I pray this in Jesus Name…AMEN

Praying for these people…

I will keep them in my prayers, as well as the whole community.:gopray2:

Praying for this situation.

In prayer for Mark, Carmen, and all who live in Peru.

~~ the phoenix

:gopray2: For Mark and Carmen and all the People of Peru!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.