Friend w/ unplanned pregnancy, how do I advise?

Not going into details, but I don’t really know her very well; I ran into her on a toy-collecting website, and we read each other’s blogs. She made a post on her blog today, revealing her situation, and seeming to ask for “help”. She seems to be leaning toward abortion, and all of the other people commenting on her post were pro-abortion also.

What can I do? I thought about at least posting a comment with links to support services, but she’s in the UK, and I don’t know anything what they offer over there.

I want to say something, but I don’t know what to say or how to say it, and, of course, I don’t know her very well!! Help!!!

There are so many families out there that would love to adopt children.

A couple of my good friends, including a co-worker, have revealed to me that they were adopted.

In some cases, arrangements for adoption can be made before birth where the adoptive parents will help with medical expenses related to the pregnancy and birth. There is nothing more precious than a human being.

That is a person, not a lump of tissue, in her. If it was just a lump of tissue, it would not want to be born after 9 months.

The one and only bumper sticker on my car reads A-]B/-]DO-]R/-]PTION

Contact the people at priestsforlife.org/index.htm They will provide you references for the UK.

You could also google Crisis pregnancy center and her city.

I would post on the blog with your comments and encouragement.
rrp had some good comments in her post and I would use something like that, you want to tug at her heartstrings and have her realize the very precious gift she is carrying.

Maybe post something like this.
There are so many families out there that would love to adopt your baby . In some cases, arrangements for adoption can be made before birth where the adoptive parents will help with medical expenses related to the pregnancy and birth. There is nothing more precious than a human being. Although the time in your life may not be ideal for such a gift, there are adoptive families who are willing and eager to open their arms, homes and hearts to your baby.

Thank you for post and for the good ideas.

One minor (well not so minor) thing. I think the last person that referred to me as a “her” was my high school football coach and he called all of us “ladies”. I am a man. :slight_smile:

I thought that was obvious from my member name. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also have a picture of myself in my profile. :eek:

In the UK, you can direct her here:

careconfidential.com/

Tell her that you hope that she will not make any snap decisions. Even though many people are encouraging her to have an abortion you hope she will consider that “unplanned” does not have to mean “hopeless” or “unloved”. There are many people who can help her if she does not have a support system of family/friends.

Or check and see if this one can help her:
hli.org/international.html
Fr. Tom Euteneuer’s Human Life International

My husband and I are now one of those couples hoping to adopt. We most likely cannot have children of our own, and it breaks my heart whenever I hear of a girl or woman who is considering abortion. I am extremely adamant about my pro-life views as it is, and now with what we are having to go through to create a family… I truly believe that if these women only knew what we and other couples are going through, at least half of them would choose adoption instead.

I would just send some encouragement to look into this option, and see how her “unplanned pregnancy” could well transform into someone else’s “planned family”. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the advice! I’ll look into all those links today!

She can try the Life National Hotline 0800 915 4600 (uk freephone number)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.