Friend with problems dabbling in occult

Hi everyone,
I have a friend who is having lots of problems. It seems like when they get through one issue another pops up in its place. I have helped him with prayers, listened to his problems, even helped him out with money, but as soon as one thing is dealt with something else happens. Even when him and his wife do and say things I don’t support, I have helped them. Now something else is going downhill, and it has come to the point where I feel like I am enabling. I think one of the main reasons they are having problems is they are dabbling in the occult. His wife does Tarot card and psychic reading, sells magic “healing” jewelry and does spells, and who knows what else. I would really like prayers for my friend and his wife and kids, because they are going to eventually crash and burn if they don’t stop dabbling in the occult, and I fear that I may have to cut off contact with him if they don’t stop. It is not just a hobby, they are incorporating occult practices in to their online businesses and websites and as a means of their income. Now their computers are crashing and as they make their living as freelance writers, having broken computers makes it impossible for them to do work for income. My friend just bought a new computer only months ago and it is having problems.
While the occult practices aren’t the only thing, I now believe that it is a major contributing factor to their constant stream of problems and struggle. My friend has turned his back on Jesus, to dabble into occult things with his wife, who is openly hostile to Christians and God. I would please ask you to pray for my friend and his wife and their kids, that they get out of the occult and realize that this is dangerous to themselves. I want to tell my friend directly what I think about them practicing dangerous occult things, but I am afraid to right now. If it comes down to it, and God grants me the grace, I will confront him on it. But I hope that God sends someone who my friend will listen to. I don’t know if he will listen to me if I challenge him about it. I have tried to be tolerant and not criticize his involvement in occult activities, but only am concerned because I believe their involvement is a contributing factor to their difficulties and struggles.
Please pray for R. and L. and their 2 children. They need to rebuke the occult and realize it is subjecting them to demonic forces and turn to Christ. I would just let it go, but every day I talk with him, he brings up another calamity or difficulty.
Thank you for all prayers for my friend.
God bless you. Amen.

St Michael defend us in battle xx

St. Michael the Archangel,

defend us in battle.

Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.

May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,

and do thou,

O Prince of the heavenly hosts,

by the power of God,

thrust into hell Satan,

and all the evil spirits,

who prowl about the world

seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon R in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give

• be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!
    Amen.

Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits that roam around the world seeking the ruin of souls, Amen.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Lord please help someone come to the aide of these people and their children. Allow this family to turn their life around and give it to Jesus, our lord and savior. I ask this in your name, Jesus amen!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.