Friends and Family with values different than your own

I just want to make sure that you know that the Church does NOT expect you to stay in a “marriage” like this. Do not feel obligated to stay because you think it would be a sin to leave. Most likely, I would bet your marriage is invalid anyway due to his mental issues (if he’s in anger management, he has mental issues). Have you talked to a priest about this? Do you stay because you are afraid of him?

Because at the end of the day, you do not want your kids to be around this. This isn’t “family life” for them. And what about your safety? It sounds like you are not safe from your posts.

Please think hard about this. I mean, if the people from Retrouville don’t have much hope for this situation and think the marriage is unsalvagable, that says a lot right there. :frowning:

0 Likes

I went for a while with very few friends because my standards were Catholic. Now I have numerous faithful Catholic friends. Where my secular friends are not edifying to my faith, Catholic friends are. The truth is that you need to make friends with people in your life that stick to the highest moral standards of Catholicism because there are more than enough secular people in the world to make friends with. Faithful Catholics do need to stick together, not neccessarily in total isolation, but we should discriminate in favor of faithful Catholics. I believe there needs to be a restoration of Catholic culture and this is only possible if we band together. We need to preserve the us and them mentality because thats the way it is. There is us who try to be faithful Catholics in a highly secular and anti-catholic world and them who either knowingly or not are against Christ. The main difference between us and them is that when we sin we see it as sin and they don’t. In short make friends at church and do your best to evangelize your secular friends. In my opinion you should always be about spreading the truth to the seculars.
It is not a good idea to go on a drinking spree without your spouse!:cool:

0 Likes

Praying that the Father watches over anyone in an abusive relationship. Lord if someone needs us to lead them back to Christ, I pray that we have the courage to follow what You’ve asked of us, and go where You lead us. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

May we all trust in God that we are exactly where we are meant to be.

0 Likes

Many prayers for you. May you find JOY and Peace!

0 Likes

closed #25
0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.