Friends want to learn about Bible

I have a friend who has very, very little knowledge of the Bible, but would like to learn. I am looking for a very simple and gentle intro - perhaps MP3s or something very easy to read.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

[quote="tumsnibbler, post:1, topic:327145"]
I have a friend who has very, very little knowledge of the Bible, but would like to learn. I am looking for a very simple and gentle intro - perhaps MP3s or something very easy to read.

[/quote]

I know some apologists on this website have cd's about different books. but idk how much they cost

[/quote]

Looks like they may be having a problem with these e-books currently, but it was a nice quick read:

barnesandnoble.com/w/the-bible-for-dummies-mini-edition-jeffrey-geoghegan/1030007811?ean=9781118042755

amazon.com/Bible-Dummies%C2%AE-Edition-Dummies-ebook/dp/B004MMEE72/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369160769&sr=1-1&keywords=bible+for+dummies

most of the commentaries that I read are easy to read and understand.

Perhaps you could point out to your friend(s) some basics of starting bible study:

1. There are Bibles without any footnotes or such.
  2. There are editions of the Bible that have footnotes and cross-references to other verses related to the one you are reading.
  3. There are editions that have dictionaries and maps and other notes in them.
  4. There are study bibles, which have loads of helpful information, usually.
  5. Then, if I'm not skipping anything, there are commentaries, which are often verse-by-verse explanations of scripture.

If you're restricted to MP3 media, it might be just at level 1 or 2, watch what you're buing.

Then, there's the whole issue of buying a Catholic edition of the Bible, which (here) is recommended.

[/quote]

Here you go:

Understanding the Scriptures Podcast

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.