From Bush to Obama: Sanctity of Human Life Day to Gay Pride Month

By John-Henry WestenWASHINGTON, May 31, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - President Barack Obama has for the second year in a row issued a proclamation declaring June "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month."  While prior to his leaving office President George W. Bush issued a...

Full article...

I suppose all this is a matter for USA citizens. However, many of us sympathetic to the USA cannot understand this constant sniping at the best President you have had in living memory. It is so refreshing to see a President who can speak coherently, thoughtfully and intelligently and who is free of the type of knee-jerk populism which passed for political discussion in the Bush years.

Why should the two special days mentioned be mutually exclusive? Have both and rejoice in both of them

[quote="gallowglass, post:2, topic:200235"]
I suppose all this is a matter for USA citizens. However, many of us sympathetic to the USA cannot understand this constant sniping at the best President you have had in living memory. It is so refreshing to see a President who can speak coherently, thoughtfully and intelligently and who is free of the type of knee-jerk populism which passed for political discussion in the Bush years.

Why should the two special days mentioned be mutually exclusive? Have both and rejoice in both of them

[/quote]

Where'd you get all that?
Certainly, he's elegant and smooth---when reading from a Teleprompter. Watch him ad lib sometime-uh uh, it's uh a different uh story.

Best President, eh? Well, if indeed you're a Catholic-and you keep up with the USA, Obama is the most Pro-Death President in History. Search for: Obama Mexico City Policy. You're a Catholic? You are required to be Pro-Life.

Sodomy is a serious sin. Always has been. Learn your Faith! It does not a "Family" make. It should not be celebrated in the streets. I don't want to see it in the streets of my city-let alone have my children anywhere around that Filth.

Catholics true to the Magisterium would not rejoice in such Sin.

Are you a Troll?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You.
Love, Dawn

This is progressive?

Kill you’re babies and be proud of dating the same sex?

Leave me out of it.

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:3, topic:200235"]
Where'd you get all that?
Certainly, he's elegant and smooth---when reading from a Teleprompter. Watch him ad lib sometime-uh uh, it's uh a different uh story.

Best President, eh? Well, if indeed you're a Catholic-and you keep up with the USA, Obama is the most Pro-Death President in History. Search for: Obama Mexico City Policy. You're a Catholic? You are required to be Pro-Life.

Sodomy is a serious sin. Always has been. Learn your Faith! It does not a "Family" make. It should not be celebrated in the streets. I don't want to see it in the streets of my city-let alone have my children anywhere around that Filth.

Catholics true to the Magisterium would not rejoice in such Sin.

Are you a Troll?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You.
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

Go Dawn :thumbsup:

Obama is already the absolute WORST president in American history, by a wide margin - anti-life, anti-family, anti-democracy, and soft on terrorism. He's sided with Hamas against Israel and Hugo Chávez against Central American democracies. He's sucked up to countries that want to destroy us and dissed our friends and allies.

George Bush's college records are available online. If you think Obama is intelligent, you must have seen his records. The entire world is dying to see them, as well as information on who paid his way through.

Now that you've hijacked the thread, let's get back to the subject line. You seem to consider intelligence not only superior to morality, but morality doesn't even get an honorable mention. I'd like to see some support from the Catechism of the Catholic Church for Obama's stance on the issue of homosexuality.

You say, "many of us sympathetic to the USA cannot understand". You do not understand the importance some people give to matters of morality. Why not? That is why we do not rejoice in both of them, but thank you for asking.

[/quote]

It is so refreshing to see a President who can speak coherently, thoughtfully and intelligently and who is free of the type of knee-jerk populism which passed for political discussion in the Bush years.

[/quote]

I didn't vote for him and I certainly don't condone his pro-choice position but I'll agree that it is always good to hear a President who doesn't butcher the English language.

[quote="bbarrick8383, post:4, topic:200235"]
This is progressive?

Kill you're babies and be proud of dating the same sex?

Leave me out of it.

[/quote]

Yep.

Progressive population control.:eek:

[/quote]

Paul McCartney made the statement at his Presidential Bash that it was refreshing to have a President that actually knew what a Library was......the problem with that is.....you have to know how to USE A LIBRARY. It's called applying your brain power to practical use which this President doesn't have ONE CLUE how to do. He might have the IQ of Albert Einstein, but he has NOT ONE IDEA of how to run a country. The poor guy is pretty helpless. I think another term for putting your brain power to work is called COMMON SENSE of which I don't see any evidence of.

Well, I can only judge what I see and hear. Bush was useless as a representative of America. His incoherence was matched by howling mistakes in foreign policy and as usual the cost is borne by the poor bloody infantry. What price the sanctity of life doctrine when applied to those American soldiers killed fighting 2 hopeless wars ? Not to mention the Iraqi children killed by the bombing campaign? Don't they count as lives or do we restrict our compassion to the unborn? What about pregnant Iraqi women killed by those bombs? Don't their babies count? Nice to have a day for the unborn though.

As for Obama, he seems to me head and shoulders above not only every recent USA president but also most European leaders too. His instincts are genuinely Christian it seems to me and far removed from that hideous , sanctimonious fundamentalist Bush-like false piety which is more like paganism

Believe half of what you see and non of what you hear. Obama will use our tax dollars to pay for more abortions than there are casulties in the wars.

[quote="ProVobis, post:8, topic:200235"]
I didn't vote for him and I certainly don't condone his pro-choice position but I'll agree that it is always good to hear a President who doesn't butcher the English language.

[/quote]

Except when he pronounced "corps" as "corpse" in four consecutive sentences. There is no excuse for a commander-in-chief to butcher that word.

And I thought all liberals were well versed in French....

So presidents cannot be human and make pronunciation mistakes? I thought we elect them to lead.

When you exercise authority over our troops in battle, you should at least be able to pronounce the word “corps”.

Could you imagine the confusion. What if during a major battle someone was ordered to “Get the corpse outta there” vs. “Get the corps outta there”.

teleprompterpresident.com/

[quote="bbarrick8383, post:16, topic:200235"]
Could you imagine the confusion. What if during a major battle someone was ordered to "Get the corpse outta there" vs. "Get the corps outta there".

teleprompterpresident.com/

[/quote]

I guess the next generation of teleprompter needs to have a spell checker and pronunciation fixer.

Next president should be the highest IQ spelling bee winner. ;) Forget about values, ethics and leadership.

[/quote]

Maybe we can arrange for him to lead your country? It would take him about 18 months to bankrupt both your countries finances and morals and then you would beg us to take him back.

[quote="buffalo, post:17, topic:200235"]
I guess the next generation of teleprompter needs to have a spell checker and pronunciation fixer.

Next president should be the highest IQ spelling bee winner. ;)

[/quote]

I could care less if they stutter. But if you're going after Bush, you should take a look at Obama while you're at it.

Forget about values, ethics and leadership.

American's threw those values out the window a long time ago.

[/quote]

As a Catholic, I tend to value politicians whose focus is on life rather than proselytzing the LBGT cause and lifestyle.

Well, I used to think it was a Catholic thing, but know I understand that it is a right wing thing. Left-wing types support these causes, regardless of the religions that they were born into.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.