From married to dad in two months!

Gotta love being a Catholic living a sacramental marriage lol! My wife and I are having a little baby, we can't be happier! Just wanted to share =)

:clapping: :D
Being open to life leads to such miraculous blessings!

:extrahappy: :extrahappy: :extrahappy:

Congratulations!! :)

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Thanks all!

Fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! :D

~Liza

Congrats!

DH and I had a short wait due to finances before we could be fully open, but our twins were still born the day before our first anniversary. So the kids outnumbered the number of anniversaries we’d had for a year there :smiley:

Mazel Tov!

Er, I think that means congratulations…hope it does…if it means something else, well, um-

CONGRATULATIONS!

Congratulations!

My husband and I were blessed with our first after only 6 weeks of marriage. It was wonderful! Hard sometimes, but worth every minute.

[quote="LongingForLight, post:8, topic:212572"]
Congrats!

DH and I had a short wait due to finances before we could be fully open, but our twins were still born the day before our first anniversary. So the kids outnumbered the number of anniversaries we'd had for a year there :D

[/quote]

:puts on evangalization hat:

Well you should always always always be fully open regardless of finances or any other circomstance. Now this does not mean however, that you must always be a baby making machine once your married!

The CCC teaches, believe it or not, that family planning is a good thing. In fact:

CCC in context scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c2a6.htm#2399

2399 The regulation of births represents one of the aspects of responsible fatherhood and motherhood. Legitimate intentions on the part of the spouses do not justify recourse to morally unacceptable means (for example, direct sterilization or contraception).

There for, you and your husband taking certain steps to regulate births because of your situation is a good thing. The question however, is how you go about doing this. Do you contracept? Well then this is a sin, and you must stop this... This is a violation to being open to life. It makes dead what is alive (so to speak, and in some cases quite literally when a fertalized egg is aborted by something like the pill), it makes steril that which would otherwise be fertile.

On the otherhand, there are other methods like the rythem method, or better yet NFP which allow you to have some control over when you have a child, while still being 100% completely and totally open to the possibility of life. This is the standard, you must be willing to allow life which may be consived to grow.

Now it may be that you considered NFP or rythem not being fully open to life. If that's the case, then rest assured your actions are 100% constitant with being open to life. If you were taking other means, then I would only exhort you to pray on the matter and read up on the logic as to why we should always be open to life.

:takes off evangalization hat:

God bless you, and congrats on your twins!! And thank you so much for your very kind comments =)

Congrats! That's wonderful!

What a wonderful thing to cooperate in the creation of a person who will exist forever! God bless!

:thumbsup: Congrats!! Start doing some stretches and increase your cardio…your heart is about to stretch even more!! :smiley:
:extrahappy::extrahappy::extrahappy::extrahappy::extrahappy::extrahappy::extrahappy:

" Rock-a-bye baby, on "…:harp: Congratulations to you and your wife on this miracle!

Many congrats!!!!!

Congratulations! My wife and I are in the same boat - we were married on June 19th, and have a baby on the way in April. We are thrilled that we’ll be parents - and get to celebrate our first mother’s day and father’s day - before our first anniversary!

Congratulations!! What a blessing. Thank you for sharing your good news.

Congratulations!!!! When you two got married you started your Catholic family, but its awesome that there is a 3rd person who has joined you already!!!

[quote="michaeljason, post:17, topic:212572"]
Congratulations! My wife and I are in the same boat - we were married on June 19th, and have a baby on the way in April. We are thrilled that we'll be parents - and get to celebrate our first mother's day and father's day - before our first anniversary!

[/quote]

This happened to us too! :) We had our first mother's day and father's day before our first anniversary. Having that third little person with us on our 1st anniversary was the best gift!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.