From Mollie Tibbetts' father: Don't distort her death to advance racist views

EXCERPT:
Ten days ago, we learned that Mollie would not be coming home. Shattered, my family set out to celebrate Mollie’s extraordinary life and chose to share our sorrow in private. At the outset, politicians and pundits used Mollie’s death to promote various political agendas. We appealed to them and they graciously stopped. For that, we are grateful.

Sadly, others have ignored our request. They have instead chosen to callously distort and corrupt Mollie’s tragic death to advance a cause she vehemently opposed. I encourage the debate on immigration; there is great merit in its reasonable outcome. But do not appropriate Mollie’s soul in advancing views she believed were profoundly racist.

AP article.

It would honor Mollie to keep this thread at the top of the news, rather than those who would use the circumstances of her death for political purposes.

Dear God, be with her family and friends. Help them through their grieving.

The loss of a child is so tragic. I cannot understand how those who are trying to use this sad event to justify their cruel agenda towards immigrants can be so without compassion for Mollie Tibbitts’ parents - but I am not surprised by it.

Nobody has said anything about legal immigrants. Invaders on the other hand ought to be dealt with swiftly and severely.

Mexico has their femicide problem, that means the plague of a number of women who have disappeared or often worse. Femicide, Femicidio, we can not look at all cultures and think they are like us. Yes, we probably have some of this homegrown as well. Now, I don’t doubt that the vast amount of people in Mexico are very good, at the same time, this “femicide” is concerning as well and this may not be the first time we’ve heard about it. This girl from Australia, Sinead McNamara, this is in the news, died on this ship near Greece and police are investigating it. That femicide has happened in Honduras and other parts of Latin America.

So, honestly, this might go beyond not liking someone because of how they look. Mexico is having a very rough time there now. I can not imaging how I would view things especially if I were in my 20s say and trying to get by down there.

Talk to me, when the Republican party starts supporting intrinsic evils as a part of their platform.

Who are you referring to? And what is their “cruel agenda towards immigrants”??

I will keep that in mind. But this thread is not about that. It is about Mollie Tibbetts’ father not wanting people distort her death to advance racist views.

@Stephen_C

Like Mollie Tibbett’s openly professed hatred of whites? Does that count as a racist view?

TS
Well from you I would not expect less…I am expecting a meme at anytime.

No meme necessary, her own words are sufficient. Now answer the question.

Discuss the issues, not other posters.

I am just saying it is kinda weird to talk about how Mollie was against racism, when she was openly hating white people on a public forum.

A “race traitor.” Nice.

Ok, why don’t you come right out and say what you want to say? Be out, loud and proud.

Post the 14 words.

You know you want to.

Pretty sure he is on your side.

If that is the case, I apologise to him, and re-address my post to you.

No worries. The post was directed to ST. Forgot to add “feel free” Since we are on the same “Team” do we get a neat hat?

Just to clarify…
Racist: a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

I have said exactly what I wanted to say. Anything beyond that is in your imagination.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.