From our Episcopal Brethren

Do not eat before reading:
wdtprs.com/blog/2012/03/evil-consequences-of-evil-positions/
catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=45141

This from the same "Priestess" that said "Abortion is a blessing". It is spiritual war time people! Get ready!

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen..

Read more: ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/michael.htm#ixzz1okdeDBj5

I am an Episcopalian/Anglican, and I disagree with Dr. Ragsdale's position. Not everyone who is Episcopalian is pro-choice. We do have Anglicans For Life, an organization which is pro-life.

Yours in Christ.

One bad apple doesn’t spoil the whole bunch, but is she still a priest? Excuse me Priestess

She’s the dean of the premier Episcopal seminary in the US. She’s still a “priestess” and “married” her same-sex partner in an Episcopalian cathedral. She’s most famous for saying “Abortion is a blessing”.

[quote="Luvtosew, post:3, topic:276741"]
One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch, but is she still a priest?

[/quote]

She seems to be, at least that is the sense I got from her mini-bio
edsinterim.homestead.com/Faculty-Ragsdale.html

It might be worth remembering that The Episcopal Church is not opposed to abortion unless it is used as a "means of birth control, family planning, sex selection or any reason of mere convenience." It accepts the legitimacy of abortion in cases of rape or incest, cases in which a mother's physical or mental health is at risk or cases involving fetal abnormalities.
pewforum.org/Abortion/Religious-Groups-Official-Positions-on-Abortion.aspx

Yes, Catholic pro-lifers, there are people who disagree with you. Expressing outrage that anyone should do so, and using names like "priestess" and "Ministrix" to belittle your opponent does nothing to persuade any of your opponents. Of course people who think abortion is morally acceptable will regard it as a "blessing". What else would they see it as? They honestly believe the outcome to be good. Incomprehension of your opponents' positions, willful or otherwise, prevents the development of common ground in the abortion debate. I know of no country in which the pro-life cause if gaining ground, and many in which it is losing. The unreasoning aggression of some pro-lifers towards those who disagree in good conscience is, I think, one reason. (And yes, I know the same may be said of pro-choice people. That does not affect the validity of my comment on pro-life people).

The desire to protect innocent children is "unreasoning aggression", but calling the brutal murder of a baby "a blessing" is the mark of good conscience.....gotcha.

Disgusting. Praying for Episcopalians and their “clergy”

[quote="Hokomai, post:6, topic:276741"]
Yes, Catholic pro-lifers, there are people who disagree with you. Expressing outrage that anyone should do so, and using names like "priestess" and "Ministrix" to belittle your opponent does nothing to persuade any of your opponents. Of course people who think abortion is morally acceptable will regard it as a "blessing". What else would they see it as? They honestly believe the outcome to be good. Incomprehension of your opponents' positions, willful or otherwise, prevents the development of common ground in the abortion debate. I know of no country in which the pro-life cause if gaining ground, and many in which it is losing. The unreasoning aggression of some pro-lifers towards those who disagree in good conscience is, I think, one reason. (And yes, I know the same may be said of pro-choice people. That does not affect the validity of my comment on pro-life people).

[/quote]

I pray for your conversion to the Truth.

I know New Eve, and I did not mean to group all of the Anglican sect with this women. I do apologize if it read that way.

[quote="New_eve, post:2, topic:276741"]
I am an Episcopalian/Anglican, and I disagree with Dr. Ragsdale's position. Not everyone who is Episcopalian is pro-choice. We do have Anglicans For Life, an organization which is pro-life.

Yours in Christ.

[/quote]

It's a pity you don;t have a leadership that is pro-life then.

Matthew 18:10 See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

This person has a sick view of what Jesus desires, as if Jesus would sanction the murder of the un-born, pure evil is nesting in her for sure...

[quote="Anniejoe, post:7, topic:276741"]
The desire to protect innocent children is "unreasoning aggression", but calling the brutal murder of a baby "a blessing" is the mark of good conscience.....gotcha.

[/quote]

I said neither of these things, nor may they be logically deduced from what I did say. This is the sort of thing that leads to pro-lifers talking only to each other, as others get tired of having their views misrepresented.

Yes, Catholic pro-lifers, there are people who disagree with you. Expressing outrage that anyone should do so, and using names like "priestess" and "Ministrix" to belittle your opponent does nothing to persuade any of your opponents.

[/quote]

Persuade? Nope. Outrage that they disagree with us? Strike two. Outrage that someone who purports to support the teachings of Christ allows the death of an innocent child? Now THAT would be accurate.

Of course people who think abortion is morally acceptable will regard it as a "blessing". What else would they see it as? They honestly believe the outcome to be good.

[/quote]

Hitler believed he was doing good for his people too.

Incomprehension of your opponents' positions, willful or otherwise, prevents the development of common ground in the abortion debate.

[/quote]

There is no common ground. Good vs Evil is not a diplomatic debate. It is a deadly fight to not only death, but eternity.

I know of no country in which the pro-life cause if gaining ground, and many in which it is losing. The unreasoning aggression of some pro-lifers towards those who disagree in good conscience is, I think, one reason. (And yes, I know the same may be said of pro-choice people. That does not affect the validity of my comment on pro-life people).

[/quote]

What a absurd statement. This woman has yet to see the unreasoning aggression that is in her eternal future if she doesn't repent.

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry

2 Timothy 4:1-6

[quote="Dale_M, post:5, topic:276741"]
She seems to be, at least that is the sense I got from her mini-bio
edsinterim.homestead.com/Faculty-Ragsdale.html

It might be worth remembering that The Episcopal Church is not opposed to abortion unless it is used as a "means of birth control, family planning, sex selection or any reason of mere convenience." It accepts the legitimacy of abortion in cases of rape or incest, cases in which a mother's physical or mental health is at risk or cases involving fetal abnormalities.
pewforum.org/Abortion/Religious-Groups-Official-Positions-on-Abortion.aspx

[/quote]

Thank you for the links, Its so hard to believe, isn't it.:o

[quote="Ignats75, post:14, topic:276741"]

Hitler believed he was doing good for his people too.

There is no common ground. Good vs Evil is not a diplomatic debate. It is a deadly fight to not only death, but eternity.

[/quote]

You are right about Hitler. Failure to appreciate that he really did mean what he said, and failure to appreciate his ideology led to numerous errors by his opponents, and immeasurable suffering. I am perplexed, that given your views on abortion, you think it wise to repeat this.

You are wrong in my view about common ground. In another thread (Called fetal homicide) is listed these areas of broad common ground between pr-life and pro-choice:

1) abortion is undesirable
2) late abortion should be avoided
3) abortion can have bad consequences for the woman
4) the positive outcomes sought by abortion can sometimes be delivered in other ways, and to make this possible increases choice
5) a child is not the sole responsibility of the mother, and society also has a responsibility to support children
6) properly administered, adoption can often have good outcomes

My understanding of her group is that they are not exactly representative of the Episcopal Church. Certainly, there are groups such as the ACNA that do not agree with this position and thankfully so. However, this does represent an example of what happens when things go off the rails. Our Anglican friends on this forum will not like this, but I am going to say it anyway. From the second the Church of England split off from the Catholic Church on the moral issue of marriage, this moment was inevitable.

After all, why is one moral teaching any more sacred than another? Why is one aspect of the faith any more sacrosanct then another? If marriage, which is an icon of the life of the Holy Trinity, can be reinterpreted based upon the whim of an earthly king, why not the priesthood, homosexuality, contraception, abortion, confession instead of general absolution, the papacy, etc.?

All you have to do is find an excuse to give up on one little thing and someone else who follows on will find a way to rationalize getting around the next, and so on. Each generation just gives an inch here and an inch there based on the times they live in; and in a few hundred years, the Church you have is unrecognizable to the Church which used to exist, and the faith you practice is irreconcilable with the creed you profess.

Members of The Church of England from 100 years ago would be shocked and dismayed to see the state that their church is in today. The unfortunate truth is that the die was cast a long time ago.

[quote="Dirt, post:9, topic:276741"]
I pray for your conversion to the Truth.

[/quote]

Thank you for being concerned about me.

[quote="Hokomai, post:16, topic:276741"]

You are wrong in my view about common ground. In another thread (Called fetal homicide) is listed these areas of broad common ground between pr-life and pro-choice:

[/quote]

Generally speaking, pro-aborters on these forums would not agree with most of your list.

1) abortion is undesirable

Why?

2) late abortion should be avoided

why?

3) abortion can have bad consequences for the woman

why?

I pray that that will change.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.