From Vision Vocation Network

• Sorry if this does not belong here. I'm not trying to sell, promote, or endorse anything. I received this by email and thought I would share it with anyone who might be interested.

A message from Vocation-Network.org, ranked one
of the top 10 vocation websites by the U.S. Catholic bishops

This Sunday, January 9, marks the beginning of National Vocations Awareness Week

Please do what you can to promote vocations
to religious life. Encourage those to whom you minister to consider the joyful option
of life as a sister, brother, or priest.

UNIQUE DISCERNMENT RESOURCES
Take advantage of the following free resources available through the VISION Vocation Network:

SAMPLE HOMILIES AND PRAYERS: Please feel free to use the free sample homilies and prayers available on the VISION Vocation website to promote vocations among those to whom you minister. Here is a direct link: vocation-network.org/articles/show/208 Or go to Vocation-Network.org and find the homilies and prayer link in the Quick Link section on the home page.

VOCATION MATCH: Please direct those curious about religious life to vocation-network.org/match or VocationMatch.com to help them gain insight into where God may be calling them.

VISION VOCATION GUIDE: Encourage seekers to read the print or digital edition of VISION Vocation Guide.

digitalvocationguide.org/vision/2011guide#pg1

VOCATION RETREATS/ EVENTS: Explore discernment opportunities in your area by searching VISION's online events calendar on the VISION Vocation Network, www.vocation-network.org/opportunities

VISION is published by
TrueQuest Communications on behalf of the
National Religious Vocation Conference (nrvc.net)

VISION's Vocation-Network.org was named one of the
Top Ten Vocation Websites by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops

foryourvocation.org/vocation-web-sites-top-10.cfm

vocation-network.org/

[email]pjtuohy@truequest.biz[/email]

Great post! The Vision Vocation Match matches up your individual preferences to a religious order. Very helpful information to discerner's young and old alike. God Bless!
vocation-network.org/match

[quote="hxcCatholic413, post:2, topic:226131"]
Great post! The Vision Vocation Match matches up your individual preferences to a religious order. Very helpful information to discerner's young and old alike. God Bless!
vocation-network.org/match

[/quote]

Yes, I've tried several times but keep getting the benedictines (which I don't mind and in fact like) and the Jesuits . . . I'm very conservative.

It does have a wealth of resources, I just think the test may be rigged... :)

Yes, I do like Vision Vocation Network as a matter of fact I received Free bookmarks and Magazines from them which I passed on to people who were interested and to the Church I attend.

The only complaint I have is there is too much emphasis on the American orders and yes I do realize that Vision Vocation Network is from America but I hope in years to come they'll discuss Religious orders in Canada and many other Countries.

I'm not too sure if I agree with the Vocation Match either.:shrug:

Some of the questions they asked don't really match up with the results I got.:confused:

Anyways, my results are "Marianist Sisters, Daughters of Mary Immaculate (F.M.I.)"

marianistsisters.org/Marianist_Sisters/Welcome.html

Don't get me wrong I do appreciate what these Sisters do but I'm actually more attracted <--(sorry if that's not the right word) to the Carmel of St. Joseph in Armstrong, B.C., Canada

carmelspall.org

[quote="ZDHayden, post:3, topic:226131"]
Yes, I've tried several times but keep getting the benedictines (which I don't mind and in fact like) and the Jesuits . . . I'm very conservative.

[/quote]

I've selected options that seem to point to cloistered or contemplative-active orders (like wearing habits, praying the LOTH, praying the Rosary), then I get some order as #1 that has none of the above (and one that's an active order). I even choose mid-atlantic or south, and it gives me something in California. :shrug:

I used them. Two of the top ones they gave me were the Daughters of Charity and the Paulines. Both of these would be wonderful I think. I have been emailing with a sister from the Daughters of Charity. I like what I have seen from them more than the Paulines although my background is mass communications, which the Paulines are heavily involved in.

[quote="ZDHayden, post:3, topic:226131"]

[/quote]

*actually if its any help ( I used them among other sources during my vocations search)... I actually called to ask why I received so many responses "outside" my original parameter...

That is planned and not a mistake... the thought being that sometimes those in discernment are not quite sure what type of community or ministry they may be called to.. so for this reason a mix is sent of both those within their parameters along with others. That way one might come into contact with a community that might be a perfect fit but was unknown at the initial stages.

Hopefully that helps a bit.. Like I said.. I used multiple resources and enjoyed the variety even though many did not fit..just the exposure was helpful in solidifying my journey

Blessing to all who are on their religious vocation journey..know you have many people across the world praying for you (And blessings to those reading who might not be called to relgious life..yours is an important vocation to... Peace)

Sr Debbie O.S.C.*

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.