Frustrating Format to me!

There is still a lot I don’t understand about this new format. Being a senior citizen that is not too savvy about all this new technology doesn’t help!

I clicked on my “avatar” (my initial “D”), and the number of posts I made disappeared. This happened once before. I had been looking in there to discover the name of a topic so I could re-visit the thread.

Sometimes when I reply to someone in particular and click on the arrow pointing to their message …it does not show the name of the person I am responding to when it shows up on the board.

I’m beginning to think this forum is too frustrating! There is a lot of terminology I do not understand as well.

Dorothy

Click your D avitar then a small box comes up. In THAT box, click your name and you will see a tab “activity”. That is where you see your post count.

You mean you want the replies to show up like this one?

Use your mouse to highlight the text you want to appear in the reply and a little bottom that says “quote” will come up. Click that and the properly formatted “quote” will appear in the reply box.

If you want to simply tag a certain person in your reply, type an At Around sign @ directly in front of their name, I’ve done that below:

@Dorothy

It’ll do that if their post is immediately above theirs.

If the person’s post that you are responding to is immediately above your response, it won’t show as being directly a response to them. If the post you’re responding to is upthread a ways, then your post should show as a response to theirs with an arrow pointing to their avatar.

You can also bookmark threads you don’t want to lose.

Also, if you want to see all of the responses posted to a thread, you can change your preference for that thread from “tracking” to “watching.” If you watch a thread, you will receive a notification for every response.

You can also change your preferences so that every time you reply in a thread, you will automatically start watching it. Later, you can decide to change it back to tracking if you lose interest in the thread.

Thanks to all of you. I need to study what is what and get acquainted with the different choices I have.

@Discobot start new user

Type that (double check below) and it should help you.
@Discobot menu

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@Discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Thank you, I’ll try that.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.