Frustrations, please pray

Sorry, everyone, to be a whiner, but I needed to ask my brothers and sisters in Christ to pray for my family and I. I’m currently experiencing some real frustrations in a number of venues.

Most importantly, my youngest son, who was raised in the protestant church but never made a commitment, (He and his brothers have always been pretty turned off by the way their father left and never learned to separate his actions from those of other people who have claimed the name “Christian,”) has had a couple of rough years. He returned last June from the Marine corps to find that his wife had found someone else in the meantime and left without telling him. He buried himself in his room for 5 months and refused mental health help, and didn’t do anything constructive. Then he went out with friends a few times and met a young lady who he is seeing regularly now. I was told by them last night that she is pregnant. While he has not made a commitment to faith in Christ, he has, at least, absorbed the fact that abortion is not an option. He had no children with his first wife (she never wanted any and refused to discuss it with him) but they’ve only known each other since November. They know I’ll welcome my grandchild with open arms, but I’m disappointed and a little irritated as he knows the teaching on these issues.

My oldest son is married with two children. His current wife is an “exotic dancer” who he knew for 7 days before they were married. They’ve been married for 2 1/2 years. The oldest little girl was from a previous relationship and lived for the first year of her life in my home. We were always close. He is also angry with all things Christian though he always respected my lifestyle when he lived with me, though he never accepted it for himself. He has decided that, if I am going to become Catholic, that is simply going too far and he and his wife refuse to have anything to do with my husband and I. As a result, it’s been a year since I saw my granddaughters. I recently saw the older one for her birthday (her birth mother brought her to visit) and she barely knew me. In this regard, I can only keep praying. I have prayed and taught the love of God since before their birth, and have never tried to force anything on them, but did require they attend with me until they were 18. I’ve never been jugemental about his wife’s work and lifestyle, though he knows my value system. I did make it clear I was concerned about their marrying in Reno when they’d only known each other for a week. I’ve done what I can to reconcile this, short of giving up my faith which isn’t going to happen. I miss my grandchildren and am very sad.

My middle son is doing well at this time and has been very supportive, as has his wife and it’s wonderful to have them near. They are having financial problems as he is out of work with the recent downturn. He has a good attitude and is hard at trying to find new employment. They have 4 children. (I had to make it clear that there ARE blessings)

My husband has MS, diagnosed 15 years ago, just before our wedding. He used to be a very active, athletic man who climbed waterfalls, hiked, and road a motorcycle. Now he can hobble about 100 feet with a cane, on a really good day. He has a very hard time with this (doesn’t have an easy time learning to accept help). He has used every avaible medication and treatment regimen, and is now in a chronic-progressive phase of the disease. He has been a blessing nearly every day of our marriage. We continue to have a wonderful relationship and I am blessed to have him in my life. But it is hard to watch your life’s partner become more debilitated over time and it makes me sad.

I changed my job from that of a rural family physician, doing more than 1/2 of the obstetrics in a 3 county radius to that of an administrative physician leader in the prison system due to the need for more regular hours so I could care for my husband as he becomes more ill. Over the past year, I’ve actively pursued RCIA and an annullment from my first husband in an attempt to join the Catholic Church. Currently my annullment is stalled at the diocese and my parish priest is unwilling to bring people in to the church except at Easter which means, though already validly baptized, I’ll have to wait at least another year. Further, working for a state institution is nothing like practicing medicine in the community. As the person in charge, I’m seeing behavior in those I supervise and work with that I’ve never seen in any position, medically related or otherwise. People have no moral compass and don’t care what their actions do to anyone else as long as they benefit. Headquarters keeps making one bad decision after another which leaves those institutions in remote areas with too few medical cinicians and nursing staff and very ill inmates. Inmates are a mixed group, most of whom aren’t forthcoming in obtaining their medical and healthcare; though some are honest about their needs. We are expected to accomplish a mission with no resources and have no back-up from those who should be providing resources.

Again, I am sorry to unload and complain, but I’m feeling frustrated and don’t know where to turn except to prayer. I love my family and have always tried to live as Christ instructed us, though I’ve only recently grown in to the Catholic faith. Please pray that good will ultimately come of these things; and that my hubby and I will continue to grow toward the Lord. I want my boys to come to know God and his Church (I dedicated them to Him before they were born and have to believe it will happen). I want my grandchildren to know Christ and His Church. I want to do a good job at work and live my witness to the world in spite of the frustrations. I need the help of the Lord. Again,please pray with me.

Thank you,

Praying with you for all your intentions.

Praying for your intentions Dori.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I can hear your frustrations and also your faith in Him. I have prayed and will continue as God through His Holy Spirit leads me. Hang on to the Lord in faith. He is with you and loves you and cares.

Blessings,
mlz

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Oh, my dear woman. You have so much on your plate, all at once.:console:You are not whining at all, you need prayers, and you have them.
God bless you & yours.
:byzsoc::gopray2::gopray2::crossrc:

Calling yourself a whiner isn’t an option Dori.
The challenges of your life leave me more or less speechless for the moment. I’ll come back to you later. Meanwhile you and your needs and challenges will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Trishie

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Amen
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.
Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins; save us from the fires of hell.
Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. .

Praying for all your needs and concerns to be taken care of …

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.
:signofcross:

Praying very hard for you and your family!

Thank you all for your prayers. I firmly believe that, with the help of God, my intentions will come to pass. Thank you for praying with me.

Praying for you and your family…

Dori, I’ve been praying for you, and your family, and will continue.
Warmly, Trishie

Dori, I ask the Lord to help you to continue to carry your difficult challenges with courage and peace. I ask the Lord to nourish you so that you can continue with joy, even with all the painful things in your life.
God, bless you and your family,
Trishie :grouphug:

Jesus please help Dori. She is a remarkable woman who has been through so much, and goes through so much. Please surround her with Your light and love, and help her to carry her burdend. Please help her to find time for self-nourishment so so can cntinue with courage and peace. Thank You, Jesus.

**Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven. **
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, please pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end**. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.