Fun facts to ponder

In Sicily, St. Martin day was the day that the wine was fermented enough to be considered wine.

It was celebrated by drinking wine and having roasted meats. (At least in my dad’s town)

2 Likes

In France and it’s New-World territories, the festival of Mi-Careme is celebrated in the middle of Lent.

1 Like

The last pope who was not a cardinal yet when elected was Pope Urban VI in 1378.

1 Like

7% of American adults believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows.

2 Likes

Where is the other 93%? I thought that was obvious!

2 Likes

Sleeping involves more brain activity than watching TV.

2 Likes

Considering what’s on TV these days I’m not surprised.

I wonder how much more brain activity is used if the film has subtitles?

2 Likes

The first black person to be documented as a saint in the Roman Catholic Church was known as Saint Maurice (a.k.a. St. Mauritius or St. Moritz). He was a 3rd-century Roman soldier born in Egypt who was martyred when he refused to massacre Christians for the Roman Empire.

3 Likes

They’re that fruity are they?:crazy_face:

1 Like

Now that’s a celebration to me.

2 Likes

The Aztec emperor Montezuma drank 50 cups of cacao a day from a golden chalice.

2 Likes

Over the past 100 years, the number of Catholics around the world as tripled from 291 million in 1910 to 1.1 billion in 2010. Percentage wise, the population has remained relatively stable, constituting 17% of the world population in 1910 and 16% in 2010.

1 Like

That makes my coffee habit look quite moderate!

2 Likes

If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I would want to test that out on a real live Kangaroo, however.

4 Likes

In Louisiana it is ok to turn right at a red light if no traffic is coming.

2 Likes

I think that’s gotten common everywhere. California has advanced to the next step… turn right on red even when traffic IS coming.

3 Likes

OK that’s funny in a way but also very dangerous.

2 Likes

How do you persuade it to let you do that?

1 Like

During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.