Funeral reading?

My husband’s family asked me to say a prayer and reading from the Bible from their grand mother. They are not religious in any way and I wanted to get some recommendations on what scripture passages would be the best?

[quote=emom]My husband’s family asked me to say a prayer and reading from the Bible from their grand mother. They are not religious in any way and I wanted to get some recommendations on what scripture passages would be the best?
[/quote]

Look in the Rite of Christian Funerals it has a long list of Scripture passages that can be used at funerals.

Is there any information that I can find this on the internet or do I need to buy the book?

[quote=emom]Is there any information that I can find this on the internet or do I need to buy the book?
[/quote]

The readings you can choose from are listed at blessedsacrament.com/usa/corpus/funeral.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.