Funny protestant claims

I am protestant, and I think everything in this below post is FALSE, does anyone know anything about these claims? Who made them up? and all that?

Description of the above 13 Rare Jesuit Books:

1. “Secret Instructions of the Jesuits”: (1857) Charles III, the King
    of Spain, in 1767 read the secret instructions of the Jesuits, known
    at that time as the Secreta Monita, and realized the danger the
    Jesuits posed to his nation. He sent out letters to all the provinces
    containing a sealed document that was not to be opened until the 2nd
    of April. Anyone violating that order would be killed. On April 2nd,
    all opened the instructions which summoned all troops to gather up
    the members of the Society of Jesus and expel them from the land. Now
    you can read what Charles III read and feared.
  1. “The Black Pope: A History of the Jesuits”, J.F. Cusack (Nun of
    Denmore) -1896 It is well understood in the Roman Catholic circles
    that the term “black pope” refers to the Jesuit General and the true
    power behind the Vatican. Read suppressed anti-Jesuit documents
    deliberately kept from the American people. Read about the “rules of
    the Order” that prove it is a demonic system!
  1. “Popery Puseyism And Jesuitism: Luigi Desanctis (Official Censor
    of the Inquisition)” -1852 Translator’s Preface: “These letters were
    published by Liugi Desanctis under the title of Roma Papale in 1865
    at Florence. They appeared in the Record newspaper, in English,
    French, and German, running through many editions Popery and
    Jesuitism, which works seem to have disappeared, for only one copy
    have I traced.” Now you can read a part of history thought to be lost
    forever!
  1. “The Crisis: Or, the Enemies of American Unmasked”, J. Wayne
    Laurens (American Historian 1855) America has enemies who are not
    content to enjoy peace and security and equal rights of citizenship
    under our constitution and laws. The Jesuits have set out to destroy
    our liberties. This book exposes their diabolical plan!
  1. “The Footprints of the Jesuits”: R.W. Thompson, Ex-Secretary of
    the Navy “The Jesuits, by their very calling, by the very essence of
    their institution, are bound to seek, by every means, right or wrong,
    the destruction of Protestantism. This is the condition of their
    existence, the duty they must fulfill, or cease to be Jesuits.”
  1. “The Awful Disclosures of Maria Monk”, Maria Monk, 1835. It is her
    autobiography. It shook the world then when she exposed the horrible
    and shocking secrets of what goes on behind convent doors. Today it
    is just as shocking and tragic. Now you can read the true story of
    one nun’s nightmare in the Roman Catholic church.
  1. “The Thrilling Mysteries of a Convent Revealed”, M. Peterson,1835.
  1. "The Jesuit Conspiracy: The Secret Plan of the Order"Abbate M.
    Leone, 1848. In 1825, the Jesuits held a meeting at Chieri, Italy. A
    young Jesuit, named Leone (later became the black pope) took notes of
    that meeting. In 1848, they were translated into English and
    thoroughly “authenticated”. Now you can read how the Jesuits plan on
    world domination and the destruction of Protestantism, using
    duplicity and a secret war.
  1. “Romanism as a World Power”, Luther S. Kauffman, 1922.: (1921) A
    warning to Americans of the true dangers of Roman Catholicism and her
    drive for world domination.
  1. “The Engineer Corps of Hell”, Edwin A. Sherman, 1883: “Containing
    the tactics of the `Militia of the Pope,’ or The Secret Manual of the
    Jesuits, and other matter intensely interesting, especially to the
    Freemasons and lovers of civil and religious liberty, whithersoever
    dispersed throughout the globe.”
  1. “History of Romanism: From the Earliest Corruption of
    Christianity to the Present Time”, John Dowling, 1845. (1845) This
    book presents a chronological order to the origin and history of
    Rome’s unscriptural doctrines and ceremonies including councils and
    decrees.
  1. “History of the Jesuits: Their Origin, Progress, Doctrines and
    Designs”: G. B. Nicolini 1854 This book is exposes the character and
    aims of the brotherhood of Loyola. They pose a threat to all mankind,
    for they will stop at nothing to accomplish their desired end, which
    is to bring all the world under the Pope, who is under the black pope.
  1. “The Jesuits”, Theodore Griesinger, 1903: A complete history of
    their open and secret proceedings from the foundation of the Order to
    the present time (1903).

network54.com/Forum/31001/message/1179475153/13+Rare%2C+Historical+Out-of-Print+Documents+Used+in+the+Research+of+VATICAN+ASSASSINS

network54.com/Forum/31001/

One Response: Anti-Catholic… Propaganda.

I’m not familiar with any of these, but the titles and authors sound mostly American. This would reflect the very Protestant and often distinctly anti-Catholic character of early United States history. The U.S. was also very isolationist during the first few decades of its existence as a separate nation. Anything that smacked of “foreign entanglements” was seen by most as bad. Even the War of 1812 was extremely unpopular, as unpopular then, as Vietnam got to be in the early 1970s. It really wasn’t until after WWI that Americans started viewing Europeans as not quite insane, and of course there was always that association of Europe, or at least most of it, with the Vatican.

Sounds like Jack Chick propaganda to me.:mad:

I don’t feel like doing it, but most of the assertions quoted in the OP are statements of fact as opposed to opinion. As such, they should be capable of being proven or disproved. Somebody who has the time and inclination could go about doing that if they wished.

The only book on the list I am familiar with at all, is the Maria Monk one. (No, I have not read it, and I don’t plan to. I have :stuck_out_tongue: enough trouble with my digestive system without putting poison in it).
That book was a piece of propaganda put out by the “Know-Nothings”, a political party in the early US, who were opposed to all immigration, especially Catholics, and especially Irish Catholics. It was still doing the rounds as late as World War One, even with a woman taking tours around the country claiming to be :shrug: the one & only Maria Monk herself. (I would have thought that, with an 1835 publication date, “Maria” might have been ready to:rolleyes: retire after:cool: 80 years on the road, but there it is!).
In any case, it was nothing but a piece of sensationalist fiction then, & it remains the same.

I am only guessing, but I think that the rest in the list are probably of the same ilk…I would also guess that maybe the same people are responsible for the later (post 1900) books, as were for the WW1 “Maria” tour, which was conducted under the auspices of the Ku Klux Klan…
That is as much as I know. I do think, that if anyone were to dig about online, there is probably more info to be had. I just, as I say, have an :cool: acid reflux problem, so I am not your woman for the job.
HTH!!

:eek: :mad:

That is as much as I know. I do think, that if anyone were to dig about online, there is probably more info to be had. I just, as I say, have an :cool: acid reflux problem, so I am not your woman for the job.
HTH!!

Thank you for the information. That shows that there is ZERO credibility, considering the source.

Thanks all, I started to read one of the articles posted, and all I could think of is hearsay, no proof given, and it is not verifiable. No FACTS are given that can be refuted. It is like saying to someone why are you still beating your wife? The man can say all day, I am not beating my wife, nor have I ever done such a thing ( which is true ). But, to those who wish to believe the worse about the man, he can not prove to them that he is not in fact beating his wife.

This shows how dumb their claims are:

Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, the General of the International Military Order of the Society of Jesus, commonly known as “the Black Pope”, ordered the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on Tuesday, September 11, 2001, with the advice and consent of his General Staff, composed of five assistants (each representing a hemisphere and under whom are many advisory Provincials), an advisor (resembling the likes of a military commander to warn him of any faults or mistakes), and his confessor

thewatcherfiles.com/vatican-ny.html

Would you believe that I was brought up on stuff like this? Not systematically because my family did not have the intellectual weaponry to mount a real campaign. But the Maria Monk story was a favorite in our house. :rolleyes:

You have a good list of material here to start a term paper on the history of anti-Catholicism in America.

Actually, if you’re so inclined, you might work up a little PowerPoint presentation and give a talk on this at your church. You would be surprised how much of this junk swirls around just below the surface of consciousness among non-Catholics.

with the advice and consent of his General Staff, composed of five assistants (each representing a hemisphere)

Cool! Five hemispheres in one world. :shrug:

That’s why you can’t stop the Jesuits. They’re running at least two-and-a-half worlds for every world we Fundamentalists even know of.

What other secrets do the Jesuits have that we don’t know of??? :eek:

I don’t know if any of you have noticed yet, but the dogs around this neighborhood have been getting meaner lately. Coincidence? I think not! :dts:

This post was definitely a fundamentalist ploy to get coffee all over my computer screen via the nasal route:rotfl: !

1. “Secret Instructions of the Jesuits”: (1857) Charles III, the King
    of Spain, in 1767 read the secret instructions of the Jesuits, known
    at that time as the Secreta Monita, and realized the danger the
    Jesuits posed to his nation. He sent out letters to all the provinces
    containing a sealed document that was not to be opened until the 2nd
    of April. Anyone violating that order would be killed. On April 2nd,
    all opened the instructions which summoned all troops to gather up
    the members of the Society of Jesus and expel them from the land. Now
    you can read what Charles III read and feared.

Does anyone else think this sounds a little like Order 66 from SW Revenge of the Sith? :hmmm:

Oh, I read it. In fact, I found it on the internet. It didn’t upset me at all; it really was preposterous and quite laughable. I can’t imagine anyone believing that tripe, though. You’re right in that it was anti-Irish Catholic, specifically those who came through Canada on Coffin Ships.

If anyone wants a belly laugh, I recommend it. There is a lot in ther eyou may have heard, but the accusations are so wlid that I cannot think of anyone – of any denomination – who would take that particular “work” seriously.

Check out the testimony of Sister Charlotte – a more recent re-working of the Maria Monk saga. jesus-is-lord.com/charlot1.htm

Plenty of people believe it. I have a friend, who was a pentecostal minister (now Catholic!) who attended “performances” of Sister Charlotte when she was on her road tours and believed her.

Actually it sounds like exactly what happened to the Knights Templar in France under King Phillip IV…which happened on Friday the 13th.

This is the work of THEM!! http://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/1.gifRun away!! Run away!!!http://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/2.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/17.gif

I remember seeing that movie, the Mission. thought it was quite good. I asked my mom and she got quiet and said ohhh you have to be careful about them, they can get you.

Seriously she seemed rattled by it. I said to her they were off in a jungle so it was ok. She then said again ohhh they were awful, it was bad.

End conversation. I thought the movie was moving so was confused because she would not elaborate. (we are not catholic but one brother was baptisted dont know what church, it was only because I think my great grandma, whose rosary I have.)

Anyway I tell this because obviously there is or was a perception about Jesuits from my mom, whereas I thought they were sacrificing because of the movie. So there ya all go.

I saw The Mission when it was first released. At time I was just thinking about becoming a Catholic, and I liked the film very much. It helped me to realize that Catholics centuries ago were making great sacrifices to carry the Lord’s saving message into places that were forbidding.

Then, I watched it again about a year ago, and didn’t like it so much the second time. Mostly I noticed the notchiness of the filmmaking processes…

But I think the essential truth of the story is that the Society of Jesus had people in it who gave everything to bring Jesus to the world. Makes me proud to associate myself with such people, though I could never hope to measure up to their heroism.

The Jesuits have always caught hell for their work - both from Catholics and non-Catholics alike (more from non-Catholics of course). Most teaching orders and charisms do.

O+

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.