Funny website - protestant.org

Out of idle curiosity (pondering this forum’s domain name, catholic.com), I visited protestant.com, protestant.net, and protestant.org. Oddly enough, protestant.net redirects to a Celtic merchandise website (but I doubt people typing this address would be very interested).

The other two domains are owned by “squatters” - companies who registered lots of domain names when they were available and now host pseudo-sites, hoping that someday somebody will make them an offer to buy the domain name.

But protestant.org is funny. Check out the artwork that some clueless web designer at a web-squatter company put up there! I bet protestants who visit that site are furious! :rotfl:

With a billion Catholics in the world, it was quite a coup for Catholic Answers to secure the highest-value domain name possible - catholic.com. Way to go CA!

Wow, did you notice the link to Catholic Bibles on the side??? Thanks and God Bless.

Right on Dave,

That was some funny stuff. Especially on Protestant.org it was advertising for Catholic Bibles!

Here is some stuff I just cant get over, I laugh every time:
Here and Here
(they take a bit to load, but are worth it)

Am I seeing what I think I am seeing???

Is that a Rosary laying across an open Bible???

If it isnt, it sure looks like one. Also the hosts and the chalice. I agree with the other poster, the protestants must be besides themselves.

My son thought the flatulating preacher was hysterical.

[quote=DavidFilmer]But protestant.org is funny. Check out the artwork that some clueless web designer at a web-squatter company put up there! I bet protestants who visit that site are furious! :rotfl:

[/quote]

Maybe that should be protestant.arghhh ?!

Yes hilarious, a Rosary on their homepage, seems like there are a few stealthy Protestants with Catholic ideals. http://bestsmileys.com/clueless/1.gif

You know guys, I am a Protestant that is leaning towards becoming a Catholic. I believe that I am a servant of God, not some hell bound sinner. I personally don’t appreciate these “funny” attacks you are making, and I wouldn’t appreciate them if I was a born-into-the-Church Catholic. These attacks are just plain wrong. And the gas passing preacher video was made by somebody that doesn’t believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, and thinks that it is okay to make fun of those who do, whether Catholic or Protestant. I would appreciate it if you would think about how you respond to such things as this, and consider “Is this a good witness for Christ or the Church?”

Thank you, and my prayers are for you!

J

want something funny:

you all know the phrase “catholics are idol worshipers because they have statues in there churches” right, well if we take this literally then the whole world is idol worshipping, here is why:

1.-Americans have the Lincoln memorial (they are worshiping lincoln)
2.-In Irak a lot of Saddam Hussein fell (they were worshiping him)
3.- in Disneyland its a statue of Walt and Mickey and the whole world loves MM (are we all worshiping the mouse)???
4.- In the chanell TBN (TRINITY BRODCASTING NETWORK) The pastor kneel in pray in front of the camera, so he was worshiping the camera or the cameraman
5.- when i kneel in my bed to pray i am worshiping my bed???
6.- AMERICAN IDOL: need i said more.

it may sound funny but if we catholics are idol worshipers well then the whole world is too
may this arguments serve to stop those lies

[quote=JohnDee]You know guys, I am a Protestant that is leaning towards becoming a Catholic. I believe that I am a servant of God, not some hell bound sinner. I personally don’t appreciate these “funny” attacks you are making, and I wouldn’t appreciate them if I was a born-into-the-Church Catholic. These attacks are just plain wrong. And the gas passing preacher video was made by somebody that doesn’t believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, and thinks that it is okay to make fun of those who do, whether Catholic or Protestant. I would appreciate it if you would think about how you respond to such things as this, and consider “Is this a good witness for Christ or the Church?”

J

[/quote]

Sorry if you were offended, I thought my response was pretty reserved.
Infact I only looked and saw a Rosary and closed the page, I don’t like throwing stones, but then again, I didn’t start the thread.
:blessyou:

[quote=JohnDee]You know guys, I am a Protestant that is leaning towards becoming a Catholic. I believe that I am a servant of God, not some hell bound sinner. I personally don’t appreciate these “funny” attacks you are making, and I wouldn’t appreciate them if I was a born-into-the-Church Catholic. These attacks are just plain wrong. And the gas passing preacher video was made by somebody that doesn’t believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, and thinks that it is okay to make fun of those who do, whether Catholic or Protestant. I would appreciate it if you would think about how you respond to such things as this, and consider “Is this a good witness for Christ or the Church?”

J

[/quote]

It’s good to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes and I don’t think it is so much making fun of protestants here as it is commenting on the fact that the pics don’t match the title.

No intent to offend. Please don’t be upset. :frowning:

You’re right, though, we should all be sensitive to the feelings/beliefs of others. :o

J

[/quote]

I am really sorry you were offended by some posters in this thread. I don’t think anyone meant to laugh at Protestants, but rather at the money-grubbers who nabbed this site, and are really doing a pretty poor job of maintaining it. As far as the flatulant preacher, the man is Robert Tilton, who has been publicly exposed as a fraud. He took faithful people’s money and built mansions, while throwing away their prayer requests. So this is not meant to make fun of an honest, God-seeking preacher, but rather a fraud.

jp2fan

J

[/quote]

Hey, sorry if you were offended. All I did was point to the links to the Catholic Bibles and say “Wow” because of the picture (Rosary on Bible). Hope this helps. Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=miguel delgado]want something funny:

you all know the phrase “catholics are idol worshipers because they have statues in there churches” right, well if we take this literally then the whole world is idol worshipping, here is why:

1.-Americans have the Lincoln memorial (they are worshiping lincoln)
[/quote]

A good point - for some reason, it is idolatry according to some (not all) Protestant controversalists for us to have any representations of holy things or people: because these things are “in the likeness of things on earth…”

But not idolatry, for there to be pictures, statues, films, and other representations of such things. So the Lincoln Memorial is not an idol - but a painting of a saint is. Simply because it is a representation.

I don’t understand the difference. If they were consistent, they would complain to the Treasury and the banks because of the idolatrous pictures of George Washington on USA money. They would follow the JWs, in refusing to salute the flag - I admire the JWs for this: they are consistent. ##

2.-In Irak a lot of Saddam Hussein fell (they were worshiping him)
3.- in Disneyland its a statue of Walt and Mickey and the whole world loves MM (are we all worshiping the mouse)???
4.- In the chanell TBN (TRINITY BRODCASTING NETWORK) The pastor kneel in pray in front of the camera, so he was worshiping the camera or the cameraman
5.- when i kneel in my bed to pray i am worshiping my bed???
6.- AMERICAN IDOL: need i said more.

it may sound funny but if we catholics are idol worshipers well then the whole world is too
may this arguments serve to stop those lies

[quote=JohnDee]You know guys, I am a Protestant that is leaning towards becoming a Catholic. I believe that I am a servant of God, not some hell bound sinner. I personally don’t appreciate these “funny” attacks you are making, and I wouldn’t appreciate them if I was a born-into-the-Church Catholic.
[/quote]

C’mon, you’ve gotta admit that a website called “protestant.org” that features artwork depicting a chalice, hosts, and TWO rosaries is pretty ironic - and irony is the root of humor.

We’re not making fun of protestants - we’re making fun of a website called (ironically) protestant.org which looks Catholic, and we imagine the agnst that good protestants must feel when they visit this site - it must confirm their darkest fears that Rome is taking over!

I’m sorry, but I think that’s funny.

I appreciate all of y’alls comments (can you tell I’m from the South?). I agree, it is ironic about the Rosary being on the page, but we also have some denominations that use a chalice in communion, so that part isn’t too surprising. I know all about Robert Tilton, and I have heard him “preach” via satellite. I had many problems with him and his sermons before his scandalous life was revealed. I just can’t get my mind wrapped around all of the bunk that he and too many other protestant preachers pass off as “The Word of God”. That is why I am trying to learn as much as I can about Catholicism. I am truly considering converting party because of these jokers. I just don’t think some of the comments were too funny. I keep coming back to CA because I like it here, and I appreciate y’all taking time to think about what I have to say. I really do appreciate all of you, and as I said before, I’m praying for all of you, that each of you lives the life that God has in store for you, that you serve Him to the utmost of your ability.

God bless all of you!

J

[quote=JohnDee]You know guys, I am a Protestant that is leaning towards becoming a Catholic. I believe that I am a servant of God, not some hell bound sinner. I personally don’t appreciate these “funny” attacks you are making, and I wouldn’t appreciate them if I was a born-into-the-Church Catholic. These attacks are just plain wrong. And the gas passing preacher video was made by somebody that doesn’t believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, and thinks that it is okay to make fun of those who do, whether Catholic or Protestant. I would appreciate it if you would think about how you respond to such things as this, and consider "Is this a good witness for Christ or the Church?"

Aw c’mon, loosen up. Nobody was making funny attacks on Protestants. You must admit that the website is pretty hilarious.

How do you think we feel when we hear our faith referred to as the whore of Babylon, the antichrist, & idol-worshipers? We’re constantly hearing people criticize us for honoring the Mother of God.

Shannin
[/quote]

Hey Shannin!

Two things: 1) Two wrongs don’t make a right, and 2) I NEVER thought the Church is any of those things! Personally, I think the prophecy means the UN, but hey, what do I know? No, I don’t attack or hate or denigrate Catholicism (see my last post), and I don’t appreciate attacks on me or what I believe in, or attacks on you or what you believe in either!

Ask anyone that knows me, and they might say I am too carefree!

As for honoring the Virgin Mary, that is more than fine by me. She has a special place in my heart, too, because of who she is and what she did. I mean, she gave life, love, and teaching to our LORD! How much more important is that for a 14 or 15 year old woman, especially in a culture that treated women as second class citizens? I have nothing but respect and awe for an institution that can keep it together for 2000 years! I even cried when Pope John Paul II passed on (that’s Southern for “died”). I think he was the greatest! So you see, not all of us protestants are bad guys (although I have known a few), some of us think the world would be a worse place if the Church wasn’t here.

I don’t have a chip on my shoulder by any means, and I love fun and puppies and little kids and sunsets and all of that neat stuff. All I asked is that you guys think before you say something that could offend someone.

Thanks for taking the time to read what I had to say! :tiphat:

J

If you all really want a laugh…go to protestant.org and click on Virgin Mary.
The first thing that comes up is Virgin Mary on ebay…

[quote=Catholic Dude]Right on Dave,

That was some funny stuff. Especially on Protestant.org it was advertising for Catholic Bibles!

Here is some stuff I just cant get over, I laugh every time:
Here and Here
(they take a bit to load, but are worth it)
[/quote]

Okay, I’ve recovered - tears were literally running down my face. One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen!

Aunt Martha

[quote=jp2fan]As far as the flatulant preacher, the man is Robert Tilton, who has been publicly exposed as a fraud. He took faithful people’s money and built mansions, while throwing away their prayer requests. So this is not meant to make fun of an honest, God-seeking preacher, but rather a fraud.jp2fan
[/quote]

The Protestant website with Catholic stuff on it…well that is priceless. Very funny.

The problem with the minister isn’t that Tilton’s don’t exist. They sure do. But those hostile to Christianity want nothing more than Protestants and Catholics to use their respective scandals against each other. I’m new here and this forum is much more rational and pleasant than most I’ve run across so I think everyone here takes the minister in fairly good humor and knows it just reflects a few. But there are Christian and open forums where posting such material only gives ammunition to those who oppose any Christian church.

And yeah, I’m a Prot. For now at least…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.