Future "American Catholic Church"

I pray that this is not the destiny of the Church in America, please read the proposed charter & constitution;

arcc-catholic-rights.net

Lord have mercy…

james

[quote=Jakub]I pray that this is not the destiny of the Church in America, please read the proposed charter & constitution;

arcc-catholic-rights.net

Lord have mercy…

james
[/quote]

Sounds a bit like a liberal anglican church of America.

Mark

www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com

I’ve got one “right” and it’s all these people need:

All Catholics have the right to leave the Church and join the Episcopal Church if they don’t like what the Catholic Church teaches.

all right, I’ve got another one:

All Catholics have the right to know that the Church is not a democracy.

In Christ,
Rand

I’ve got one “right” and it’s all these people need:

All Catholics have the right to leave the Church and join the Episcopal Church if they don’t like what the Catholic Church teaches.

AAAAAMEN TO THAT!!!

Why in God’s name would you want to base ANYTHING on the U.N.? :eek: This reminds me of the people in the southern US who tried to create their own country by petitioning the U.N. The U.N. drafted a bill (I can’t think of the proper term, but “bill” will do) which supported their “right” to claim a “nation”. They printed money, driver’s licenses, birth certificates, and here’s the kicker: stopped paying taxes to the USA. Their leader was eventually jailed for fraud and tax evasion. :thumbsup:
This is nothing more than Protestant Church #35,873 :stuck_out_tongue: which will immediately break down and form even more sects, schisms and heresies due to the fact that if **I ** don’t like what “bishop bob” teaches, I can get up enough votes to boot him out, and, failing that, simply set up another “church” with everyone who agress with me until someone in that group disagrees with me.
Further bolstering my theory that there’s the Church of the great I AM and then there’s the hedonists whose only belief is the great ME AM.
nianka

Amen to all the posts here! To be honest, I think its about time for a schism. And my response to the liberals is, “Don’t let the church doors hit you in the ***.”

If thats the future of the Church, then I am not going to any church. The RCC has the richest and most wonderful history of any church and now they want to do this **** to it. I agree: Americans have a “right” to join any episcopalian church their heart desires! Don’t they DARE do this to the True Church started by Jesus Christ!

[quote=byzmelkite]Amen to all the posts here! To be honest, I think its about time for a schism. And my response to the liberals is, “Don’t let the church doors hit you in the ***.”
[/quote]

Heavens!!! I would not want to see a schism, but I would be very happy to see the quasi in-name-only Catholics either repent and get with the program or stop taking my parking space on Sunday morning (kidding)! How 'bout we all pray for their souls? I would much rather see them come into full communion than split for the “easier, softer way”

Someday there will be a split. Because many Catholics do not want to hold to the on to the conservative ways. Especially with women’s rights on abortion and holding a vocal office in the church. There are other issues as well. Such as married priests and stuff like that. But it will be a long time in the future.

I AM SO GLAD that the Catholic Church has always grounded itself on the solid founation of tradition.

You sense reading that Constitution that truly, these indivuduals simply want power. :frowning: It’s what they crave.

They want a Church that fits their liberal lines of thinking, ad is so structured to embrace it. I am reminded of the experieince of Korah in the Old Testament: seeking the priesthood, and prepared to rebel over it. The constitution, rather than see the Church as an eternal teacher to her children, makes the liberal laity the teachers and shepherds of the Church leadership itself.

Do they care to Biblically confirm their theological positions on divorce or remarriage? contraceptives? Church goverment and apostolic succession? Or are they content with “contemporary” views and ther own culturally-shaped perspectives to make provision for sin. I am glad that our Church is “Catholic”-- universal, not to be wrestled down for the satisfaction of one generation. Especially when they speak as schismatics/dissenters/heretics of the past. Formatting the Church government on the American constitution of all things. :rolleyes: It’s so sad that their ultimate intention is to wrestle down the pope to be a figurehead or reflection of the liberal conviction. We must continue to fight for our Holy Father.

I am glad that we are in a Catholic Church - a democratic Church with a committe of one: ** God. ** He speaks from nither past nor present nor future, but transcends every age to speak truthfully to every age. He made His will clear through 72 books, 21 councils, many saints and popes, and the majority of Catholics, who have voiced their strong cosent through the ages. And He continues to work especially through the bishop of Rome whom He established as shepherd of the Universal Church.

As long as the Catholic Church continues to ask "what is His will?’ rather than “what is my will? / i have the right! / what is most comfortable? / what is modern?” than she will prosper through her many hardships for standing on the sure platform of truth… until at last the world will have nothing else to do with her, and Christ Himself recieves His faithful Bride at last at His Second Coming.

Amen,Maranatha.

• Hugo :slight_smile:

Outfits like this remind me of maggots chewing on a long dead cat. They have no horizons outside that cat and the rest of the world goes on around them. Once the cat is all gone they don’t go back to the real world, they end up looking for another dead cat. Nicodemus was right when he told the Sanhedrin that they shouldn’t worry about the growing Christian sect. If it was God’s will there was nothing they could do to stop it. If it wasn’t God’s will it would die aborning. Relax and enjoy the fruits of your Faith.

I particularly like this portion:

So the laity will elect Bishops, and the bishops will elect the Pope, for a period of ten years…sounds like these people need to make a good confession…

[quote=Isidore_AK]I particularly like this portion:

So the laity will elect Bishops, and the bishops will elect the Pope, for a period of ten years…sounds like these people need to make a good confession…
[/quote]

I doubt most of these people believe in confession. Its so unhip and “oppressive.” Push these people far enough and what you find out is that many of them don’t really believe in God. Religion is just a form of mythology to support their left wing politics. That is very much what Rosemary Ruether and other radical theologians think.

[quote=Isidore_AK]I particularly like this portion:

[/quote]

Actually, the laity at one time DID elect their bishops…even the bishops of Rome. We got several excellent bishops that way (Ambrose, Augustine, if I remember correctly)…and several really bad popes. I merely point out the historical perspective. Can you imagine if the American Church or the Church in Western Europe got to select their own bishops? We be electing the likes of Joan Chichester, I fear.

Did any of you go to the section of the site that bore the title “Board Meeting Pictures?” If any of them were under the age of sixty, I’ll buy you a soda. Several were older than that and several more looked as though the Angel of Death was going to pick them up after the meeting. I seriously doubt this will amount to anything, even if they weren’t fairly old. Where are the Donatists today? Where are the Arians? Where are the Cathars? Some of their beliefs may have strains present today, but they exist in no overt or formal way. We should pray for these folks.

I see they are open to comments, if anyone cares to email them:

Website and Comments: ihs@ionet.net

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]I’ve got one “right” and it’s all these people need:

In Christ,
Rand
[/quote]

:clapping:

John 6:66

As a result of this, many(of) his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him. 67 Jesus then said to the Twelve, "Do you also want to leave? 68 Simon Peter answered him, "Master, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

[quote=urquhart]I see they are open to comments, if anyone cares to email them:

Website and Comments: ihs@ionet.net
[/quote]

I think my question for them will be, “Since you are all a bunch of over the hill hippie new age freaks, why don’t you just become episcopalians or maybe unitarians?”

With all the judgement-passing in forums like these, who would want to become a Catholic? I think we better leave to God who is a real Christian & not presume to judge for Him.

Catholic doctrine ( which has changed over the years) seems for many just a way of feeling superior to others: “I obey the rules, THEY don’t, God loves me, not them.” Pharasaism.

As for “Leftists”, as i recall a camel will pass through the eye of the needle more easily than the rich man will enter heaven.

Whern we become more love than law, most of the church’s problems will be over, & people will flock in.

This will probably only result in a more traditional shift in the Church…which I hope is the case. The Church will realize the large number of kooks out there and instead of appeasing them, they will hopefully make it very clear they MUST follow Church teachings and if not…don’t let “the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya”…

Also…one must wonder how come, all of these groups spreading heresy and trying to destroy our Church always use Vatican II as the basis for their complaints…It is not just liberal heterodox groups…there are those on the far right of the spectrum as well. The Ultra-Traditionalist say that Vatican II was in error…while the Ultra Liberal/Progressives claim that Vatican II entitled them to their beliefs…what gives???

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.