Gainesville, Florida citizens unite to change controversial public restroom law (CNA)

Gainesville, FL, Aug 6, 2008 / 02:06 am (CNA).- A coalition of citizens and businesses in Gainesville, Florida has formed in reaction to the Gainesville City Council?s passage of a ?gender identity? ordinance that allows men who perceive themselves as women to use women?s bathrooms in any school, business or public facility. …http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/357158052

Full article…

Copied to secular news

How are they going to police this thing to prevent the perverts from abusing it? (Or even teenagers on a dare-there will be plenty of that!) This is the dumbest thing I’ve heard of since the nitwits tried to convince us that we can talk our way out of the oil crisis.

A similar effort is being done in Montgomery County, Maryland.

A blog has a very relevant comment, but consists of mainly of photos - you might want to take a look before you make a decision about the Gainesville or Montgomery County situation.
aebrain.blogspot.com/2008/06/citizens-for-irresponsible-government.html

gainesville.com/article/20080807/NEWS/808070331/1002&title=Transgender_petition_battle_still_rages_

I don’t get it. Sanity certainly is missing in this town council. I think I would make a wide circle of this town if I were visiting and I certainly would not use any public restroom or locker room as a result of this preposterous and dangerous invasion of one’s privacy and protection. More reasons to pray.

Things like this force people like me to use the men’s room.

The last time I used the men’s room, so that I complied with Virginia law, someone raped me. Then the police proceeded to tell me they were going to arrest ME instead of the man who did it, because I managed to kick him in the face while he was doing it.

There’s not really anything else to say.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.